CHAPTER 22『THE PANTHEIC COUNCIL』

The aethers, like all things in the universe, were flowing inside the matter of time, making this reality proceed at it is going right now. Life exists because of the power of time.

However, at one point in the universe, time froze, indefinitely. An extraordinary, and frankly, quite terrifying phenomenon. Surely, some greater power beyond human understanding was behind that. It sure was.

Amongst the stars, several morphs took a physical appearance, which didn't resemble a human's, not at all. Their consciousness was shared, their goals all the same. One unified being, with different appearances. They were the same, but essentially different: the Pantheic Council.

In charge of the Cosmos, they are the mediators, rulers and enforces of the universe. They were the thing that separated this world from the unlawful jungle.

One of the gods, who flew inside this frozen in time location, tilted their head in confusion.

"I believe this is why you have called us?"

Another being inside this "room" of some sort, without turning around its transparent head, answered.

"Yes. One of us..."

"...is missing? Yes, we are aware."

Another one of the deities spoke up, coming inside this gigantic bubble, or should I say anomaly.

"The God of Time? That is simply impossible."

"Not impossible if the God lives. What, you're scared about Time in itself? We wouldn't even understand it if he was erased. The fact that we're still here means that he's alive."

"Then we can safely assume someone pried into our unquestionable dominance over the universe and chipped away our power, by killing the deital self of Time."

"Indeed. I feel that he's taken the body of his old body. Oh, poor Time...being a defenseless girl..."

"A defenseless girl who still holds a lot of strength and prowess to their name. He may have lost his godhood, but I'm certain he's trying to return to us sooner than we think."

"Uh, guys? I don't want to ruin it for you..."said a timid version of the Gods in the bubble.

"...but I don't think she's leaving anytime soon."

"And why is that?"

"...she...has fallen for a mortal."

"Fallen? Fallen in...?! No way!"

"A God?! Engaging in such debauchery! Unthinkable! Purge! I call for a Purge, now!"

"Calm down. Now, Caelus...you may continue. Tell us what you know."

"Alright. I just...don't want you guys to get the wrong idea, I TRIED to stop her, but..."

"Stop? Who?"

"Her...her name is Vespertite Bernadotte. Her body is that of a mortal, but her soul is not from this world. She has transcended the Human Realm, that is for sure."

"Vespertite Bernadotte...is she the one who The God of Time has fallen for?"

"The one and only, I'm afraid. This girl, it's shameful to admit it, but when I tried to stop the purging of Time, she unleashed a meteorite with just opening a quarter of her magic pools in her body and I just stood there, frozen. If I was there a minute after she had called for the attack, I'd be one with the crust of Earth..."

"Impossible. An ability of such calibre, is only reserved for deities born from the hands of the Founding Father. There is absolutely no way she has such techniques in her disposal."