CHAPTER 21『THE GOD[DESS] OF TIME』

I could feel my body being crushed by hundreds of thousands of tonnes. The surface of the Earth was blown up; I am forbidden to escape this timeline from reversing time, so I cannot do anything to prevent my cruel, unworthy death.

I am the God of Order and Time, the one who ensues that the laws of the Cosmos are all followed. This includes the normal flow of time.

It has been many a year since someone came to disturb such a perfect reality. One of them, and perhaps the most powerful of them, is her. This "Evil Princess". Vespertite Bernadotte. I think she'd make a great duo with my brother, Chaos, the personification of disorder.

She's but a jester, a clown, an unintelligent, dumb idiot who would do anything for the pursuit of immediate and shallow goals, only to find herself between a rock and a hard place in the long-term.

She's crazier than any being that I have encountered. Ever since the birth of time, never have i seen someone who throws a freaking meteorite half the size of Earth on you just so they could kill you!

The Evil Princess disregards even her own life, if that means a manifestation of her malevolence.

"Oh, don't tell me you have already given up."

That voice! She's mocking me!

At once, I opened my eyes. I saw her, standing on top of a mountain of rumble and debris, of stone and blood, gazing down right at me. Or, I guess at where I'm supposed to be.

One of her knees was bent, just so she could rest her elbow on her thigh, watching me from above. The Evil Princess doesn't know where I am, but she probably feels my magical energy, so that's that.

Even if I could pull one last stand, which is impossible, given my current status, she would most likely counter it by knowing exactly where I am.

I couldn't breathe, so a numb hand of mine moved its tendons to push some rumble away, all for the sake of tasting the air for a little longer.

This is...impossible. If she defeated me, imagine what she can do to the rest of the Pantheon. It'll turn from a battle, to a rout. No, not even a rout. A massacre.

But the Princess seemed...stunned as I moved from inside my stone tomb. She probably was thinking that I wasn't alive.

"Tsk...curse you..."I murmured, moving my exhausted body out of the destroyed surface of the Earth.

This Vespertite then proceeded to smile more wide than any other time I've seen her smug and smirk, sure for my defeat.

"Hey there...I didn't know you were this pretty. Jeez, remember to tell me sooner! If you did, I'd spare you the meteorite!"

"What? What are you talking about?!"

I tried to talk back to her, but in the blink of an eye, she teleported in front of me.

"Ah, that's more like it..."

I lost my footing, as she was inches away from me.

"What? Not satisfied with your victory yet, you bastard?!"

"Pardon me, pardon me...you're just so pretty I couldn't help it. I wanted a...tastier angle."

"You...!"

"Should have said to me sooner that you're a Goddess. I would have given you special treatment."

"Oh, really? Let me get that special treatment then. First of my wishes: go drown in a river."

"Aw, such harsh words. I like it."

Bernadotte examined my face, her fingers running across my cheeks. I was furious, but i couldn't do anything. One of my arms is broken, my muscles have tensed up to the point of them ruining themselves, and I'm haemorrhaging from basically everywhere. I'm shattered and battered.