CHAPTER 18『LEISURE』

"Why...are they here?"

The voice of Hybris echoed in my empty training room inside the castle. The morning sunlight invaded the cold interior of the Palace.

"Haaaah? Do you have a problem with that?!"

"Jeez, chillax, princess. Nobody's gonna steal your boyfriend."

"Girlfriend , not Boyfriend, you peasant."

"I have a scholarship, that's why I'm here. Daddy's money ain't doing the talk here, you know."

Ah, such a relaxing morning, isn't it?

"Girls...please be quiet..."

I tried to defuse the whole situation. I wore a smile, taking my chances at calming them down.

"Guys, just calm down...!"

Artemisia saw my face tense, and my eyes twitch, so naturally, she worriedly addressed to the pollar opposites.

"...wait, did you just say 'Girlfriend?' Don't tell me...you're lesbian. Yeah, not surprised there."

"Y-you...! How dare you! That's a commoner's way of addressing such important matters of the heart! 'Lesbian'! Such...vulgarity! Preposterous!"

"...uh, but you are one, right? You like girls and all. Unless it is a phase. Maybe it is..."

Aurelia drew her Surger from her belt and pointed it on the throat of the newcomer in our group, Hybris.

"I would keep my mouth shut, if I were you, pathetic human."

"Oooh, it seems I hit a nerve. Look, talking shit isn't really your cup o' tea, so keep your trap closed, a'ight?"

Aurelia was ready to crack, as a dim light revealed itself sparsely on the tip of her wand.

"Listen here, you little...!"

"Huh, what's that? Whatcha gonna do, especially with your level in Sorcery? Beat me? Soz, I don't waste my time on incompetent idiots."

"I demand silence! Silence, for God's sake, silence! Both of you!"

My shouts carved their anger in thousands of pieces, shattering their moment of strife upon me intervening. Never have I ever seen two so different people. Hybris, a human with extraordinary magic abilities, is regarded
as the human race's most powerful caster.

Aurelia is a prominent young aristocrat with unlimited magical capabilities. Disciplined, intelligent, and well, feminine, compared to Hybris.

These two couldn't be more opposite. Opposites attract in certain circumstances, but not on this one.

The two of them froze in their positions, taking a few steps away from each other, looking at each other with their peripheral vision, with the corners of their eyes.

I exhaled a little, trying to relax. I don't like it when people are messing with my nerves. Especially when that is the equivalent of screaming and arguing. They are ruining my inner peace.

"I tried to warn you..."

Artemisia raised her shoulders, looking at the ever more unlikely duo.

"What am I going to do with them...tell me, Artemisia?"

My companion just crossed her two arms in deep thought. Unlike her more aggressive counterpart, Aurelia, Artemisia is a strategic, analytical thinker, capable of solving any problem. That's why she's one of my first conspirators. She's received a lot of my blood these past few months, making her even more good-looking and analytical.