CHAPTER 14『EMBRACE』

The city of Eschata welcomed us as heroes. As we passed in its streets, the people of Gelida, who have never seen me even once, now were applauding for me and throwing me flowers.

They were screaming my name on top of their lungs, all together in sync, as I marched with my army on the streets, saluting the citizens of this important strategic capital of the Northern regions.

From being this unpopular exiled
Princess, to defeating the main body of the Barbarian army. It seems the scouts had been manipulated by the garrison of the city, feeding them false information.

The citizens of Eschata knew about the arrival of the Barbarians, but because they had no siege equipment, they couldn't get inside the walls. Talk about primitive.

It could be one of the works of my sister, who's probably freaking out with the death of her co-conspirator, Anastasia Ylva. I'm sure she's calming her nerves down at the moment, monologuing, "The army has got this."

Yeah, definitely, dear sister. So much so that those people have decided to oust their Commander, General Fyrd and his Senior Officers, and replaced them with me. It was sort of a mutiny.

Now, the troops that were sent to kill me have now joined my side. Ah, how the tables have truly turned, Aristea.

I have rearranged my troops to fight like Phalangites, and spiked up the length of their pikes with magic, similar to the Sarissa. I also picked up some muskets from the city, reinforcing my roster. We had enough cavalry to chase down those mongrels, and we have enough soldiers to wipe their faces off the earth forever.

Right now, I am so close to achieving my reality; I am so close to securing my spot inside the Palace, especially when I make those peoples here in these unknown lands submit to me. I'll bring riches in front of father, riches he hadn't yet managed to obtain. 

"Wow, look at them shouting thy name...it must be so mesmerising."

I looked at my side, only to see Aurelia, of course, walking next to me.

"Bernadotte. Bernadotte. Oh, Vespertite Bernadotte."said Aurelia, breathing a sigh.

"They make me jealous. I want them to address thee as 'Your Highness', not by your Full name."

Aurelia acted surprisingly spoiled. So, I whispered down at her ear, as I put a smile in front of the people.

"We can do whatever you want after this campaign succeeds."

"...whatever I want? What i want is you, Vespertite."

I blushed, while I was looking at the crowd, elbowing her.

"H-hey! What was that for?!"

"It was for saying naughty things in public. Don't worry, the time will come, eventually."

"Fine, you don't have to give me the elbow for just that, gee."

•••

In just a few days' time, we had crossed the borders of Terra Incognita, pillaging the nearby settlements of the Barbarians we had won against earlier this week.

My men pillaged and plundered all the way to the Barbarian capital, which was all the way up the end of the Terra, on the start of the North Pole, next to the ocean of Terra Incognita.

We burned the villages to the ground, and placed garrisons on outposts, creating camps, securing all the land of the Barbarians. I already have plans to utilise this land to the outmost, erecting cities to stand above the ruins of these pitiful towns, nothing more than nomadic temporary settlements.