CHAPTER 8『INFILTRATION』

"Wh-what do you mean, Your Imperial Highness?! What are you going to do?!"shout Ophelia as she entered my room, while I held a body on my hands.

It seemed frail; its blonde hair touched my alien knees.

"You just protect my body at all costs. No matter what happens, don't let anyone near my room. Close the curtains." I said, walking around the room, trying to keep my concentration.

"I...don't understand! Your Highness, this is going too far!"said my personal caretaker, my trusty maid, Ophelia.

"Look, Ophelia. You're the only one I can trust. This stays between us exclusively. If anyone asks anything, tell them I just need to stay alone for a while, anything to keep them away."I said, brushing my hair, checking my carnival mask.

It wouldn't take long for one to realise that I wasn't Vespertite Bernadotte. At least, I'm not looking like her.

"But...possessing the body of an assassin?! That's...!"she tried to say, but I held my hand up to force her to stay quiet.

"This is a vital operation concerning my plans, Ophelia. You have received your orders. Now, let your Mistress carry out the rest."I said, now turning at her way.

I was looking more...curvy now. It must be because the assassin is significantly older than me, at least two years ahead. Her skin was plump, and white. She seemed to be an Urg, judging by her injuries I inflicted on her, before taking control of her body.

I was dressed in her clothes, with the addition of a thicker cloak this time.

Her assassin's boots were all the way up to my knees, and black tights were under them. Additionally, my torso was vulgarly exposed, and I'm feeling uncomfortable with this much skin it shows. But, despite all this, it will be enough to effectively control my dear Anastasia.

"I'm leaving. Follow my orders obediently. If you don't, learn from now on that I don't need ill-disciplined servants."I said, walking past her. I opened a window behind the closed curtains, and stood outside my room, as the afternoon clouded sun was nearing its dawn. Darkness surrounded the land of Gelida.

I was standing 20 and many more floors high. The cold air nearly threw me off balance.

Ophelia looked at me one last time and closed the window, and curtains behind me. There was no turning back now. I concentrated, and with a flick of my cloak, I disappeared in the empty darkness.

In these few agonising seconds, I felt much turbulence in my short trip inside the in-between space of the Odos and reality.

When it ended, I opened my eyes, and naturally, I was in my destination. The city and providential capital of Gelida: "Eschata". I'm almost sure that the creator of the game I'm into, named the city after Alexander The Great's most northern outpost in Asia, "Alexandria Eschate".

Eschata meant "The Furthest" in Greek, and it is the biggest city in the Far North of the Empire's regions. I am its provincial governor, because I'm a Duchess, obviously. I am also in charge of the entirety of the land of Gelida. And this, is my first reform! It's going to be glorious! Oh, so majestic! Of course, it is going to be covered up, and nobody will say a word, but I will be the unopposed ruler of my land after this!

The cityscape was covered in what looked like a white veil from a distance. However, it was merely snow, quite common for the icy regions of the North.

Nobody was outside at this hour, especially in this district in the city. The nobles are all closed up inside their comfortable homes. Now, I just need to find where the mansion of the Ylvas is. This is particularly tricky cause they all look the same, but I think I can navigate.