9

Screaming, Anastasia runs along the road almost tripping over her own feet while glancing back at the psycho driving the Mercedes Benz in zig zags, obviously playing with her.

The psycho drifts the vehicle sideways around her, creating skid marks on the road in a circle. Standing in the middle of it, Anastasia cries and screams out "What do you want?" while staring at the tinted windshield.

The engine roars loudly as smoke puffs out the muffler like a chimney from behind the car, clouding the air as the killer just sits, silently watching her. Enjoying the show as he's taunting her.

Anastasia is exhausted. Running isn't her strongest suit. Huffing, she holds up a palm, blocking the headlights shining in her eyes.

Again the car moves forward in full speed not slowing down as she leaps out of the way, landing in the woods, rolling like a barrel down in the dirt getting mud and grass over her clothes and hair, seeing the world spinning before hitting the back of her head against a stump completely knocking her unconscious.

The car stops and the person climbs out leaving the engine running. Circling around the vehicle he opens the trunk with a key then whistles, taking his precious time walking to where the teen is at.

It only takes a second to find her because she didn't roll too deep in the woods. Sticks and broken tree branches snaps underneath his boots as the predator moves towards the girl lying sideways against a tree.

Hovering her the whistling stops. Bending down the anonymous person picks her up then makes his way out the woods towards his car.

Gently putting her in the trunk he shuts it then climbs back in the car and slowly pulls off down the road.

————————

"So you're saying Brittany is still alive?" Gwen scoffs, a cup filled with orange juice mixed with liquor in her right hand.

The group thought it'll be a good idea to meet up at the book store, Mia's job because it's closed on Sundays.  Everyone's there except Anastasia and Taehyung.

Standing next to Mia while everyone sits around the table, Clementine shrugs with both hands on her hips. "We don't know."

Jungkook slides his phone in his hoodie pocket after receiving another message from his clingy mother who's worried about his whereabouts.
"She gotta be the one behind the killings. It all makes sense. She wants revenge. Problem solved."

He remembers that horrible night Mia, Stephen and the girls came to Morgan's house -before the party started. Mia was crying uncontrollably with blood all over her dress. Jungkook, Jimin, Morgan and Nina went back to go check but Brittany's body was gone.

That night he thought she would never stop crying as he held her in his arms.

"But the killer has a man's voice," Mia says in disbelief.

Kristen looks around the table. "Has anyone else heard the killer's voice other than Mia?" The group takes turns saying the word no or shaking their head in response.

"What does he sound like?" Clementine asks, curiosity written on everyone's face.

"Was it a voice like this?" Mia and everyone else jumps at that creepy voice and then stares at Taehyung as he walks in the room holding his phone towards his mouth. Close behind is Liam.

All eyes are on them as Taehyung holds up his phone showing them something important. "It's a $5.99 voice changer app. So the killer could also be a woman," he clarifies, sliding his phone back down inside his back left jean pocket.