19

Hours later, Cameron slowly opens his eyes, feeling water dripping down the middle of his forehead from a leaking pipe above him. His sight is blurry for a moment before adjusting the light bulb hanging from the ceiling as well as an human figure kneeling beside him, staring down at him with a worried look on her face, dark brown hair down her back and shoulders. "You're awake, thank God," she sighs deeply. Cameron's eyes grows wider and his screams are muffled behind the duct tape. The woman shushes him, trying to calm him down. "It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you."

Cameron is nervous but remains still as she removes the tape from his mouth first and then unties the tight knots in the rope with her bare hands. "Thanks," he exhales and take in on her appearance, noticing exactly who the woman is. "Helen? You're alive?" He gasps, remembering the last time he saw her which was at the school's basketball game with Yeonjun and Mia.

Helen scoffs, tucking some hair behind an ear and standing up on her bare feet that's covered in dirt while her long flowing yellow sun dress is dingy and her hair—which is a birds nest—hasn't been washed in what looks like weeks. By just looking at her Cameron can tell she's been down here for a while.

"Everyone thought you died in the fire," he whispers as she walks across the basement, searching for something on a shelf filled with canned foods and water bottles.

Helen looks back at him over a shoulder asking "Are you hungry?"

Slowly, Cameron stands up and wipes the dirt off his pants, glancing around the basement frowning, seeing a small mattress with a pillow and a red blanket in the corner next to a tiny vintage tv on top of a wooden table, old washer and dryer, lots of shelves, a closed door, furniture covered in dust and as well as piled on boxes. "No,"

"Are you thirsty?" She tosses him a bottle of water when he nods then grabs herself a canned of pears and a drink herself before squatting down on the mattress. Cameron stays quiet, watching her snap the canned fruit open and then begins eating with her fingers. He notices she lost so much weight that she's literally unrecognizable at this point.

He twists the cap off then gulps down half the bottle of water, wiping the back of his right hand across his mouth afterwards and puts the drink on the floor. Kneeling down in front of her, the teen boy looks her in the eyes sternly, saying "Helen, we need to get out of here."

She sucks her teeth "Good luck with that. There's cameras everywhere." and continues eating.

Cameron looks around then asks "Where are we?"

Staring at the dusty floor with a blank expression on her face, Helen says back in a low tone. "My old home which was once an orphanage,"

"We have to get you home to Mia!" He holds Helen by the shoulders.

Helen stops eating and looks at him with a confused and sad expression when she hears that name since it's been a long time she heard it. She thought her family was dead. "Mia's alive?"

Cameron shrugs. "Yeah, last time I checked,"

Opera music coming from upstairs startles Cameron and he starts freaking out while Helen remains calm, already knowing who's up there playing that same song she heard so many times. It was one of her favorite songs to play for the orphans.

"He's back," Helen whispers.

Cameron knits his brows in confusion. "Who's back?"

The basement door unlocks then swings open, feet patters down the steps loudly, making Cameron anxious, gulping with large eyes, he stares at ghost face who's staring back through the mask while standing on the bottom step.