13

"He chased me with his car," Anastasia is in the hospital bed wrapped in bandages and marked with bruises as she talks to a female police officer with Jimin in the room.

The officer listens closely, scribbling down notes in her notepad. "What kind of car was it?"

Anastasia sighs deeply, flashbacks of her being chased roams in her mind. "He was driving a 2021 black Mercedes Benz C class,"

"Did you get a look at the person behind the wheel?" The officer then asks, chewing on a piece of gum.

Lying down on the bed underneath the cleaned white sheets, the patient rests the back of her head against the pillow. "No, the windows are tinted," Anastasia feels devastated knowing that the police won't catch the psychopath that's after her and her friends.

"What happened next?"

Anastasia swallows, staring up at the white ceiling as a tear drips down her cheek. "He tried to run me over but I jumped out the way and rolled down a hill. Everything went black after that. When I woke up I was tied up in an old building that looked abandoned for years, and then I must've passed out again because I woke up in his trunk," she points at the jock standing near the window.

The officer looks back at Jimin over a shoulder, frowning at him. "Why were she in your trunk?"

"The hell if I know," Jimin mutters with a shrug. Another officer steps inside the room and whispers in the woman's ear then leaves.

"Okay, you kids hang tight. I'll be right back," the officer tucks the notepad in her pocket then heads toward the exit until Jimin asks her a question.

"When will I get my car back? I just bought it."

The officer turns around and then says back "When we're done investigating your new car, you'll get it back. Just sit down and hang tight."

Jimin steps towards her angrily. "Why is it under investigation? I've done nothing wrong, officer."

The young officer sighs in annoyance. "Well, for starters she was tied up in your trunk-"

Jimin cuts her off "I found her like that. I didn't put her there,"

The officer ignores his attitude and continues where she left off. "Secondly, we ran the license plate. That sweet new ride you just bought has been reported stolen," The officer leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

Outside in the hall she gives orders to two rookies standing against the wall like statues "You two stay here and keep watch until the sheriff arrives. Oh and make sure that boy in there doesn't go anywhere," and then she walks away, rounding the corner.

Anastasia knits her brows, watching Jimin pace back and forth in the room. "You stoled that car?"

Jimin glares at her, not saying anything as he bites down on his thumbnail, deep in thought.

-
-

Inside the pool room Gwen and Sean are sitting on the edge kissing when he suddenly pulls away saying "This isn't right. We should stop," earning a puzzled look from the girl he's been screwing.

Gwen's face forms a deep frown. "Sean...babe," she gently rubs the left side of his face but he removes her hand and turns his head, sighing.

"What is wrong with you? Why all of a sudden you're pushing me away?" Gwen begins an argument, watching him pull his legs out the water to stand on his bare feet.

Ignoring her nagging attitude, the jock grabs his shoes and then starts walking towards the exit but stops abruptly and spins around when she yells "Are you acting this way because I said I loved you earlier today? You asshole! I swear to God, If you walk out that door then this shit is over!"