14

"Looks like nobody's home." Jungkook pulls up on the curb in front of Clemtine's house, looking at the empty driveway.

Unbuckling the seatbelt, Clementine grabs her backpack. "My dad is still at the office and Hannah is out running errands probably."

Sitting in the passenger seat Mia turns around and asks her best friend a question "Clem, do you want to just spend the night with me?"

"I'm okay." Pushing the back door open, she climbs out the car shutting the door behind her.

"Be careful. Call me if you need anything," Mia tells her as the car slowly pulls off while Clementine trudges up the pathway toward the front porch.

"Dad? Hannah? Hello, anyone home?" Standing on the porch step and slowly pushing the front door open, Clementine peeks inside the house calling out for her parents. Stepping inside the two story modern house while looking around, she closes and locks the door dropping her backpack to the floor.

"Hello?" The bottom of her knee high boots taps against the floorboards as she's moving further inside the house very slowly, clutching her phone tightly in one hand. Light footsteps walking around upstairs startles her. Eyes wide staring up towards the ceiling and sweaty palms shivering by her sides as the noise gets closer. A familiar face rounds the stairs and a long sigh of relief blows out her mouth as she sets her phone down on a console table. "Liam, what are you doing in my house?"

"You asked me to come over. I was still at the vigil when I got your text." He pulls out his phone and unlocks it showing her the message.

She grabs his phone, glances at the screen for a moment and then gives the device back to him. "I didn't send you that text."

"Then who did?" Liam slides his phone back down in the same pocket then sits on the bottom step of the stairs.

Clementine shrugs with a irritated scoff and sits down beside him. "I don't know. I wasn't even here when that message was sent to you."

"Where were you? I've tried calling you but you didn't answer then I received a text from your number telling me to come here," Liam moves closer beside her, circling an arm around her shoulders trying his best to comfort her. "You're shaking. What's the matter?"

Clementine lets out a long breath letting the guy she's been in love with since the summer brush some loose frizzy hair behind one ear. Staring down at his black boots, she leans her head on his left shoulder. "Mia, Jungkook and I went to Brittany aunt's house then Mia almost got killed by that psychotic bastard but Jungkook saved her."

"Wait what? What were you guys doing there? You told me you were going to the hospital with Mia." Liam questions with a concern look on his face.

Staring down at the floor, Clementine lifts her head up and shrugs sheepishly and then look him in the eyes "We were gonna go there but we got distracted. First, we found Sean unconscious in the pool room and then Mia came up with the idea about going to Brittany aunt's house."

Liam's eyes widen. "What happened to Sean? Did the killer get him?"

Clementine shakes her head, playing with the hem of her shirt. "No, he slipped and hit the back of his head."

"Oh shit. Is he gonna be okay?"

The teen girl sighs deeply, unzipping her boots. "I don't know."

"I'm glad you're okay. You three are crazy for going to that house without calling the police," Liam scoffs, standing up and heading inside the kitchen. After removing her boots and putting them side by side next to the front door, Clementine massages her feet then enters the kitchen as well with something on her mind, something Gwen had mentioned earlier that's been bugging her. Noticing her life is on the killer's hands, she doesn't have much time left.