10

[WARNING: This chapter mentions SELF HARM AND EATING DISORDER PLEASE BE AWARE]

"No phones at the table, Clem." Her dad scowls as they both sits around the dining table with food prepared for them by his second wife that's beside him eating the garden salad off her plate.

Clementine's food is untouched while she holding the phone underneath the table, typing with both thumbs.

"Clem," her father warns her again.

Groaning, Clementine slides her phone down in her back pocket then pokes at the baked chicken breast on the plate with a fork.

Her step mom wipes the corners of her mouth with a napkin then says in a polite tone. "You haven't touched your food,"

"I'm not hungry." The teen mutters, avoiding eye contact while resting an elbow on the table, chin in her left palm.

The brunette in her late forties exchanges glances at her husband then sighs deeply, looking back at her step daughter who she adores since she was five. "You haven't eaten all day Clemmy," she calls her by her childhood nickname then her eyes widen seeing the healed cuts on the teens left wrist as her sleeve suddenly rolls up. Clementine is suffering from an eating disorder and she's a cutter.

Grumbling something underneath her breath, Clementine excuses herself from the table and trudges upstairs to her bedroom.

Closing the door behind her she sits on the edge of the bed reaching for her laptop on the nightstand but a hand covers her mouth, frightening her. She then squirms like a fish out of water thinking it's the killer out to get her.

The guy whispers in her left ear "It's me." then lets her go, laughing hysterically blocking her swings as she hits him over and over for scaring her like that.

"Liam you moron, you scared the shit out of me! Why are you playing around? I thought you were the killer!" She swings at him again and he laughs, standing up off the bed. He's wearing a black hoodie with dark jeans and boots.

Clementine huffs, tucking her hair behind both ears, crossing her arms in front of her chest, giving him a mean look. "How'd you even get in here?"

"The window was open," he says back, taking off his hood.

A deep frown settles on his girlfriend's face. "I never leave my window open."

————————

The sky is pitch black with a full moon as night falls over the town, people are now locking all doors and windows as the temperature drops and the colorful leaves litters the ground by it being the middle of fall. Throughout the neighborhood there's Halloween decorations everywhere on front lawns and houses.

Kristen stands on the porch with the bottom of her black boot stepping over the lit cigarette as she rings the doorbell dressed for tonight's event. Kara is meeting the band at the nightclub. Usually, they will ride together but the lead singer told the members to run along without her. Kristen found that strange because Kara goes literally everywhere with the band. They're a family.

So Kristen thought maybe she was running late and needed a ride and decided to pop up at her girlfriend's house.

The door swings open and Kara's overweight mother comes out snarling up her face with her arms crossing in front of her chest, a lit cigarette in between her lips. "Hello, Kristen. Why are you on my porch this time of night? Shouldn't you be in bed? There's a killer on the loose." Kristen knows the woman doesn't accept her daughter's sexuality. The mother tries all her might to keep them apart.

"Is Kara here?" Kristen says in an unbothered tone.

The woman is dressed in a pink robe while puffing from the cigarette then rudely blows smoke in the teen's face. "No she's not. Now go home." Backing up inside the house she slams the door and locks it.