11

"Why is everyone staring at me like I'm Laurie Strode or something?" Mia scoffs, leaning her backside against a locker, two journals and a textbook tucked underneath her right arm while she twirls a golden necklace around her throat with her other hand, ignoring weird stares from classmates while they pass by whispering mostly about her.

The school is flooded with Halloween decorations and banners reminding students to buy tickets for the halloween dance Friday night.

Kristen shuts her locker and slides on her black backpack that's covered in graffiti and stickers. "Because you were attacked for the second time last night and survived," she then walks next to her best friend down the hall towards first period. "Speaking of survival, how's Taehyung?"

Mia adjust her backpack over her good shoulder, maneuvering through the throng of chatty teenagers. "His dad called me this morning and said the surgery went well and Taehyung's in the ICU,"

"That's good to hear." Kristen sighs deeply, stopping in the middle of the hallway when the principal speaks very sadly on the intercom.

"Good morning everyone. If I could have everyone's attention, I would like to take a moment of silence for the students that passed away this past weekend," the halls are silent as students stands in place, paying their respects.

A minute later the principal resumes his speech over the intercom. "This afternoon at 6pm were gonna have a vigil for the three teens that's not here with us anymore on the football field before tonight's home game. Remember the curfew is 9pm. All roads will be blocked off by police so if you're not inside at 9pm you will be in trouble. Our wonderful guidance counselor, Mrs. Hall is available during school hours if anyone wants to talk. If there's anything you want to get off your chest don't be afraid to speak up. I want all of you to give our homicide detective Mr. Min a warm welcome here as well because he will be pulling students out of class for questioning. Again, if there's anything you know please speak up. Alright, everyone have a good day."

Kristen scoffs. "Wow, so Gwen's dad actually did put the whole town on curfew,"

"Yeah, she wasn't kidding." Mia groans then smiles seeing Clementine walking towards them.

"Mr. Hopp was arrested this morning," she tells the girls the gossip she heard from her neighbors.

Mia frowns questionably as the girls forms in a circle. "What? Why?"

Clementine explains what she saw on the news. "This morning he confessed to the police about murdering Sonya Reid after the coroner had dug up her skeleton from Brittany's grave."

"I thought she committed suicide?" Mia asks, remembering what Sheriff Hoseok told her.

"He made it look like a suicide when in fact after a heated argument with her about the unborn baby, he strangled her with his bare hands then hung her on a tree with a rope," Clementine clarifies, reading the news article on her phone.

Mia sighs. "Oh my god then if Sonya's actually dead then who was Jimin texting all this time?"

"Yeah, also they're reopening Brittany's missing persons case for further investigation," Clementine spooks her friends as they all stare at her, feeling terrified that perhaps Brittany is still alive and could possibly be the one behind the mask.

"Where'd you hear that from?" Kristen asks, knitting her brows.

On her phone Clementine opens an app then shows them both the screen. "It's all over Twitter. People are even tweeting #JusticeforBrittanyMiller and #RIPSonyaReid."

"Oh shit," Mia whispers mostly to herself then stares at three police officers entering the building with two trained dogs sniffing around the lockers as students moves out the way.