6 | Bye-bye Carl

TW: talk about killing somebody, slight mention of sa

Elijah

I was a little disappointed. Alex wanted me to join them on some business thing while Caleb stayed home with Kiara.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked Alex. "You're killing Carl" he stated. Chris' face went pale. He wasn't scared for Carl's death. He felt guilty again. "Can't it be me?" he asked Alex, who then looked at Dylan. "I don't want you to see your friend die" Alex responded. "He hurt my sister. I don't care about him anymore" Chris stated.

"Chris, he will be tortured before. Are you sure you want to see that?" Dylan asks. "I want to slit his throat" Chris hisses. I patted his shoulder.

Alex sighs. I decide to call Caleb and check in on them. He picks up after three rings. 

"What?" He asked through the phone. "Hello dear brother, how's the baby?" I asked. Dylan chuckled. "We are the same age asshole" I heard Kie yell from the background. Even Alex smiles a little at that.
"Do they all hate me now?" Kiara seemed to ask Caleb. "We don't hate you Kie, I'm sorry for raising my voice" Alex speaks up. There's silence at the other end of the line. "You good?" I hear Caleb ask. "Give me a second I'm recovering from the fact that THE Alex Alessandro Carpenter just apologized to me" I hear Kiara say dramatically. Everybody laughs now. "Very funny kid" Alex says rolling his eyes. "I could get used to that!" Kiara says faintly. "Alex you're spoiling the baby" Caleb says. "Ow get off me" he then yells. I guess Kie attacked him. "Heyy guys I hope you have fun, but if you don't mind I have to kill somebody" Kiara says through the phone.

"Have fun Kie" Chris says to her. "Thank you Chrissy, I hope I make you proud" she says. "Traitors" Caleb mumbles and then they hang up.

I liked how that call went but something felt off. Inside. I felt like something was off.

Caleb

The guys got home really late. Kiara had gone to bed hours ago. The look on their faces told me how it went. Chris was covered in blood and Elijah's eyes were dark and filled with anger.
I wanted to ask questions. I wanted to know the details but the look on Alex's face told me not to say a word. Chris looked at me like he wanted to say something but decided against it and made his way upstairs.

I sent Dylan a questioning glare since he was the only one to act normal. He motioned for me to follow him so we went to his office. I sat on the couch and before I could ask he was already talking.

"Chris beat the living shit out of him, at times letting Elijah, Alex or I to join in. And at some point he went to throw another punch when Carl looked up at us and said "At least I'll die knowing that Kiara will forever remember my name and what I felt like" and then Chris grabbed his knife and slit his throat. He tried to speak but died pretty quickly" Dylan says.

That explains the blood. But why was Elijah so upset? Dylan seemed to catch onto my thoughts. "Carl said that the only reason he attacked her was because he saw Elijah leave her alone"
My heart ached. Of course Eli blamed himself but it was I who invited them to come with me.

"At the end of the day the motherfucker is dead and we will never have to see or think about him again" Dylan says trying to comfort me. "I need to find Eli" I mumbled as I left his office.

I was on my way to Elijah's room when I saw Kie's door open a bit. I sneaked closer to see what was happening. It was heartbreaking.

Chris stood there watching her as he used her sink to wash Carl's blood off of his body. He looked sad. But the most he was angry. Maybe at me or Eli, at Carl or himself. We all were. I went inside. "Hey" I whispered. He looked at me and nodded. "She hasn't had a nightmare tonight. Maybe she subconsciously knows he will never hurt her again" I tried to lift his mood.

But when you had just killed somebody, who you considered your best friend, for raping your sister...man.

He gave me a small smile. Perhaps trying to show his appreciation at my attempt to help him.

I was glad too. I don't remember the last time I saw Kie sleeping so peacefully. She looked like she had no problems and no worries. Calm like the ocean on a clear day. I liked that image.

She did try to kill me before so that caused me to be a little on edge but she wouldn't hurt anybody. Not without a good reason. And she loved me so she would never hurt me. I hope. I wouldn't want to be hated by that girl.

———————————————————

English isn't my first language obviously but I'm trying my best. I've been studying it for like 8 years now so I hope this shit is readable. Anyway enjoy your day! Be safe and don't forget to drink water. Because water is good man...