15 | Overprotective

TW: Alex's "genius" ideas to keep his sister safe

Kiara

I hate dreams. Especially the ones that are flashbacks. Not because they are true but because they hurt then and they will hurt now too. They always do.

I wake up to find Elijah asleep next to me. He looks so baby. Like a itty bitty baby. He's adorable. I felt bad. His poor not-so-innocent soul must be crushed.
He had the note with him. I wish he burned it. God I wished he had burnt it. Actually I wish he had never found it. If they found them then they also found the other stuff... I'm fucked either way.

Alex was nice today but they always are. What if he loses it? What if he starts to hate me like Chris does? What if they push me away? What if I end up alone?

"What if they stop loving me" I whisper. "We won't" a sleepy voice said. I pretty much flipped my head to look at Eli. "We could never stop loving you Kie, you're our sorellina" his words were reassuring but were they honest? Or lies? Was he honest? Or a liar?

"Stop overthinking Kiara. Non va bene per te" (it's not good for you) he said. I just nodded because I didn't feel like talking. My voice was ugly, my words hurt people and talking in general felt forbidden. "Cosa ho fatto?"(what have I done?) I muttered. "Stai solo attraversando un periodo difficile, tesoro" (you're just having a hard time) he said smiling a little.

The door opened. I recognized him. Luke. He walked in ignoring Elijah completely. "I fucking missed you" he exclaimed. "How long have we been apart?" he can be dramatic sometimes. "Three hours. THREE WHOLE HOURS. I've got like 200 tiktoks you'll love" he said. I giggled.

"Hey Luke" Elijah said with annoyance in his voice, making himself present. Luke threw him a quick look but said nothing. "So much for friends then" Eli sighed. I gave him a sympathetic look. "Alex will throw you out in like 5" Elijah looked at his watch.

Luke

I went to see Kiara and then I maybe like ignored Elijah so now he is talking to Kie in like Chinese or something because I can't understand a thing. Little bitch that Elijah is.

"Cosa vedi in lui?" he asked her to what she glared at him and looked at me sadly. "Parla italiano?" she asked Elijah. He shook his head no. "È dolce e premuroso" she said. Man talk in english for fucks sake. "È un bravo ragazzo ma non va bene per te" I swear to God. Elijah will be the death of me. Kie didn't seem to like whatever he said.

"Kašdu provakatze" I said. "That's not a real language" Elijah shot me down. "Oh mio Signore" Kie sighs. How can she sigh in a whole different language?!
"What language is that?" I exclaim. "Italian. Duh" Elijah says.

He is on his period or something. What a man-whore.

"Luke?" I heard Alex's voice come from behind me. Fuck. "Yes mister Kiara's oldest brother" I respond right away. Saluting him even. "You know my name Luke" he says. Elijah snickers but Kie gives him a nudge.

"Dobbiamo parlare. Tutti noi. Sbarazzati di lui" Alex says glancing at me during the last sentence. "Not you too" I cry out. "Luke. Out." Hans appears behind Alex.

Fucking bastard. My dick is bigger than his. I can prove it. How many girls has he fucked in the last week? NONE. How many have I- also none but that was because I CHOSE not to.

Anyway I'm way better than him. Dick wise.

"Why are you staring at your brother's junk?" Elijah speaks. What? Was I? Ewwwww.

Kiara bursts out laughing. "Glad to make you happy miss" I say before I walk out, Hans right behind me.

I'm going to get murdered for sure. He will try to steal my dick. Oh man.

Elijah

Kiara looked sad again the moment Luke left. Which made me a bit sad but I had to ignore it. She deserved better. She really does.

Alex seemed tense. And soft. At the same time. I look at Kiara's worried face. "Él no está enojado contigo" I tell her in Spanish so that Alex won't understand.
"Talk in a language I understand Elijah" Alex warns.

His eyes seem to be speaking to Kiara since Kie's worry grows. "Where's Chris?" I ask earning a glare from Kie and Alex's eyes on me instead of her. "Dylan and Caleb are with him" he says. "We need to come up with a safety plan for you" he changes the topic looking back at Kiara. "I don't need that" she says almost stuttering. "You've tried to kill yourself three times all while we were downstairs and had no idea you were even suicidal. In conclusion you do
need a safety plan" Alex lectures.

"Firstly, from now on, one of your brothers will always be with you. You will be sleeping in their rooms or they will be sometimes sleeping in yours. After you and Chris make up, he will be there too"

Kie sighs. She respects privacy the most and now it's taken away. Although I know why and agree with the reason. "Secondly. From now on, you are not allowed to wear long sleeve clothes" he says. That is over the line. "WHAT?" she yells. "You can't do that!" she seems really upset. "How about she can wear what she wants but we do wrist checks twice a week?" I suggest. It's not ideal but it's better.

"Fine but if things don't get better then my rule applies" Alex agreed. Kie was fuming. I should become a lawyer.

"Thirdly, if anything that dangers your life like this happens again, I'm sending you to a mental hospital"  he finishes. My jaw drops. "No. Please. Alex don't send me away. Y-you can't do that!" she starts crying a little. "I don't want to. It's up to you" he tells her.

"As for the safety plan. We will put it together once you're discharged" he says walking out.

I hug Kie. She is sobbing in my arms.
"H-he wants t-to send me a-away" she cried. "He won't. He just wants you safe tesoro. We all want you safe" I try to reassure her.

Soon the sobs turned into sniffles and she fell asleep. Cried herself to sleep. I wanted to go and yell at Alex but I didn't. I wasn't going to just leave her. And a part of me knew that Alex was right. He had every right to be worried about her.

But that wasn't the right way to do it.

———————————————————————————

You're welcome. I know this may have been boring but idc. It's necessary. She can't just almost die EVERY chapter.

Please comment and interact. It's my favorite thing about books.

Stay safe.

<3