8 | Off the deep end

TW: can't specify because it would spoil :/. Be aware that this one is a pretty triggering chapter.

Elijah

I'm quite tough and so are my siblings but that pain I felt when I saw that fucking plate flying at our sister...no. That made me weak. That was too far.  Carpenters DO NOT harm without a reason. And this wasn't a reason. Especially considering who was hurt.

So yes I stayed by her door. And after a while I got her somewhat out of the panic attack. I talked to her. And she talked to me. And when Alex came her breathing got bad again. So now she whispered.

I don't know where Chris is and it's better that way. "You should go Eli I'm keeping you from living your life" she whispers. "Don't say that sorella" I tell her.
She sniffles.

"je sais qu'Alex me déteste"(I know Alex hates me) she whispers. "tu sais que ce n'est pas vrai" (you know it's not true) I respond. I receive a glare from Alex.

"je ne sais plus rien" ( I don't know anything anymore) she says probably referring to Chris. I decide to switch to Italian to help Alex understand a bit. "Nessuno ti farà mai più del male" (Nobody will ever hurt you again) I promise her.

Alex thinks for a minute before pulling out the master key. "Sorellina, you're bleeding" he says. He was going to go in. Or at least open the door. But he didn't have to as the lock clicked.

We opened the door and I saw her on the floor. Shards of glass were still on her face making it bleed. Alex sighed. He made his way to her and held her chin up to have a better look. "Dylan will clean this for you" he says. She doesn't say anything. She's just staring at the wall.

"I have to go bambina" he says to her but she doesn't react. Alex pinches the bridge oh his nose and walks out. He probably has to go and have a talk with Chris. Who knows. We haven't had a lot of work recently.

Caleb

I see Alex come downstairs and take it as my que to leave. "Stay" Alex says sternly.

Well maybe I don't get to leave.

"Chris, you tell me what happened and then Caleb will too" he says.

"She wouldn't listen" Chris said. His eyes were dark. "So to get your sorella to listen, you throw plates?" Alex asks not amused.

"I want to say I regret it but that would be a lie Alex, sorry" Chris says. "You should see the condition she's in maybe that would help you feel regret?" Dylan, who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, said. "She's fine" Chris said. Alex shook his head. "No. YOU DON'T GET TO SIT HERE AND AND PRETEND LIKE THIS ISN'T A BIG DEAL" Alex finally goes all mafia on Chris.

I look at Dylan with a questioning look and he mouths 'she'll be okay' back to me. It doesn't calm me though. If she was okay, Elijah would be here right now, but I'm ready to bet my McLaren that he is still with Kie.

Chris stands up and storms out as Alex yells something after him. I look at Dylan who has his usual cold face on.

Kiara

My mind was blank. Dylan somewhat fixed my face but the cold feeling never went away. I couldn't be mad at Chris. He had killed his best friend just because I had opened my stupid mouth. He went through all of that because of me.

After some time I pretended to fall asleep so Elijah lifted me into bed and left to go downstairs to do God knows what.

Do you ever get that extremely guilty feeling? Like everything that happens in this world is on you? Like every word that comes out of your mouth kills somebody...

That's how I felt. But Alex searched my room and took everything... except one. There's a reason for never having a clear phone case and a broken floorboard.

So when my hardest urges hit, I take some. Pills. Drugs. Whatever you call them. I have so much that I could be considered s drug dealer. And a pack of blades on top of 5 envelopes with names written on them: Alex, Dylan, Chris, Caleb, Elijah. I always have blades hidden in my room.

Since the broken floorboard is under my nightstand it takes a lot of effort to get to it. But I did. Because I had to. Somebody lost their life because of me and I owed them. I swallowed the pills, snorted the drugs and tried to slit my wrists. They didn't slit as well as I would've wanted tho. But the drugs and pills... they kicked in and since it didn't feel like usual, I knew that whatever that dosage was...would most certainly be considered an overdose. So I waited for death.

And I remember the black take over my body and my mind telling me that I have finally succeeded at something that I failed before. And that was the calmest and most relaxed I had felt in years.

—————————————————————

Well...
See addiction is something that doesn't let you off its hook. Addicts always have a way. So Kiara has her floorboard. And Alex missed it because he couldn't have any idea at all about how addicted Kie actually is.

Soooo yeah. Idk. Sorry for it being short but I wanted to leave the cliffhanger or whatever. I ain't good at those.

I rlly want sushi rn.

Anyway

Stay safe and drink water

Love ya!

<3