20 | Like a whole new person

A/N: Alright so about the whole Kiara and Athena split thing. She refers to herself as Kiara when she is herself – sweet and caring. But she feels like Athena is someone who her parents wanted her to be. So when she gets hurt she doesn't want to be hurt. And the only way to do that is take on the persona that isn't hurt. In this case become ruthless and do a whole personality 360.
So basically she very heavily pretends to be somebody else to bury the very overwhelming feelings she is feeling.

****

TW: cursing

Dylan

Alex was uneasy. And so was I. We got Luke to agree to treatment but something just felt off. I was about to go to find Elijah and Caleb when Chris walked out. "We should go check on her" he said.

Elijah and Caleb were outside her door trying to talk to her. "She went quiet. At first we heard sobs but then it just stopped" Caleb explained. Elijah's face was pale with worry.

"Are you okay?" I ask him. "I have this really bad gut feeling" he says. Alex takes out the master key and unlocks the door. Inside her room was a mess. Covered in glass and it looked unrecognizable. I was preparing myself to find her laying there lifeless but she wasn't. Some of us ran to the open window while others scanned the damage for any clues.

She was gone. That was for sure. But since our enemies were after her we weren't quite sure if she had gone by herself or she was taken.

Caleb and Chris ran to talk to guards. Alex stormed to his office while calling somebody and yelling in Italian. Leaving me and Elijah in the room. He looked exhausted.

I can't imagine what it must feel like for him. His twin was gone. Our little sister but his other half. At some point I remembered Luke. I had to inform him.

Alex

Her car was gone. That was the first thing we found out. I called Dominic - my closest friend. He worked for us but he was like family.

"Ho bisogno che tu trovi mia sorella" (I need you to find my sister).
"Sto monitorando la TVCC in questo momento" (I'm monitoring CCTV right now) he responded.

I was worried. Kie never ran away. She wouldn't do this. The boys were running around trying to do whatever they could except Elijah. He was still in her room. I sent Caleb a message asking him to be with his brother. His and Kiara's earlier conversation had sparked some suspicions in me.

We all knew that whatever had happened in that room was manic. And a part of me was telling me that when we find her, we will find her psychotic. Whatever this is, it had nothing to do with us. And it wasn't on Luke either.

This was bigger than all of us.

Elijah

Caleb wouldn't leave my side. Yet I felt so alone. My gut was right. I don't know if she is even alive right now. All we know is that her black Lamborghini is gone along with a bunch of personal possessions.

I stared at the broken picture on the floor. It was of all of us. Taken on our 16th birthday. I suppose before she attempted. We also found paintings. They were of us, some of them showing us happy, some of them showing us badass or sad. But one stood out the most.

The one with us gathered around a coffin. With the gravestone for Kiara Athena Carpenter behind us. It was a funeral. Her funeral.

The painting itself was beautiful, but the story it told was tragic.

Kiara

I stared at myself in the mirror. My newly dyed raven hair framing my face. I felt changed.

I bought a new gun from this dealer I know, along with some drugs. In case I needed them. I had bought myself a whole new wardrobe and I felt unrecognizable. I had finally succeeded. I had killed the girl who I was.

Because whoever that was staring back at me wasn't Kiara anymore. I walked out of the mall bathroom and headed to my car. There was planning that needed to be done. And fast.

The plan I had would go into action next week. Whoever said revenge tasted sweet was fucking right. It already smelled sweeter than sugar.

I couldn't risk renting or buying an apartment so I just stayed at this abandoned warehouse. In 2 hours I had gone from a rich girl to homeless. At least I was still rich.

I had funds my brothers didn't know about. Which meant that I had a card which they couldn't track.
I had to turn off my phone since they kept calling it and I knew they would try to find my location which was fine since I had two phones and only one was able to be tracked. I left it in the mall. Of course removing all information from it first.

It's in a donation box. Maybe some kid will be happy. Merry fucking Christmas 9 months in advance.

I felt at peace that night. Knowing that in a few days I will be going back to school. I was pushed out of my thoughts by a cough.

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked the tall guy in front of me. "Lorenzo. Who the fuck are you?" He says mocking me. I decide against introducing myself with my first name since I killed that bitch.
"Athena"

"You look very emo" he says. "I'll kill you" I respond. He has some audacity. Fucking men. "I didn't say it was a bad thing" he tried to defend himself.

"So what are you doing here?" he asked.
"Skip the small talk" he annoyed me so much.

"I quite literally did. Why are you so grumpy? Is it that time of the month?" he was really playing with fucking fire. I grabbed him by the collar and yes he was significantly taller than me but I wasn't the one that looked like they were about to shit their pants.

He mumbled a 'sorry' and I let him go. "I have a revenge to plan. If you don't mind" I gave him a quick lifeless smile. "I'll help" he offered.

"Fine. We are going to kidnap a rich girl" I tell him. "Who?" he asks looking weirdly intrigued. "Bethany Miller" I say calmly. I fucking hated Bethany. She was the mean girl, the one that accused me of killing Chrissy Evans.

Well at least this time when she accuses me of hurting her, it'll be true.

—————————————————————————

Soooo I have some news...
This book will have 30 chapters. Which means there's only 10 more to go.

Now if you have made it this far already, thank you so much. And if you came from TikTok then I'm so happy my shitty attempts at entertainment inspired you to read this.

That's all. Drink water and please don't hate me. Have a nice rest of your whatever.

Comment 😡

Love ya <3