23 | You love who I was before

TW: suicide talk, depression, child neglect, abuse

Elijah

We got called home. Caleb didn't think much of it. Probably because he was still drunk as fuck. Every day I cared less and less about everything and at some point it felt like that again.

*3 years ago*

I just lashed out on my brothers and Kiara looked at me with pity when I ran upstairs. She didn't understand.

Her life was so fucking perfect. We were well known at school. Everybody liked us. The difference between Kiara and I was that she enjoyed coming home. I hated it.

At home I was alone with my thoughts. I didn't bother telling anybody. They wouldn't understand. They would say I'm overreacting.

I fucking hate life. I wish mom and dad were home more. They always had work to do. Right now they were home but I don't feel like telling them.

They spent all their time teaching Kiara the mafia basics. I was taught by Alex. It felt so unfair.

I'm not sure how long I was in my room for but at some point I was going downstairs for dinner and ran into her.

She looked like she had cried. Usually I'd feel bad but at that moment I just glared at her.

"What the fuck do you have to be sad about?"

She looked down.

"I'm sorry"

She ran past me and locked her door behind her. She didn't show up to dinner that evening, nor the next seven evenings.

*a week later*

I hit the lowest of lows today. School was shit and everything felt so overwhelming. Caleb tried to ask me if I was okay but I always lied.

So I made my way to the bridge close to our school. It was a pretty remote area. I met with my dealer and got my stuff.

**What happened next you already know**

The drive home was silent. She kept looking at me. Dylan picked us up that day. Nobody else noticed something was off.

Later when we talked I found out that she had been worried earlier. She did show it but I guess that I never realized.

I got clean. She helped me get clean. And by the end of the year I was fine. I was cured and I promised to never let myself get that bad again.

Until now.

I thought the reason Alex wanted us home was our parents' death-anniversary. It was in two days.

I almost landed on my ass when the following words left Alex's mouth.

"Your sorellina will be home in 20 minutes"

I was so confused. And so was Caleb.

Apparently Dylan had tabs on her all this time but he only now told us because he wanted to see what she was doing.

And sure enough a black car drove through our gates. Our guards grabbed her out of the car and she was fighting back. She was fighting back hard.

I think she even bit one of the guards. They sedated her immediately and she was put in her room.

Alex called us all to the living room. He wanted to talk to the weird guy who was with Dylan and well so did all of us.

He told us his side of the story first. How they met and how they kidnapped Bethany together. He said that he had been scared of her at times. Apparently she was so apathetic that if he hadn't stopped her she would've killed a lot of people.