17 | The highs are high

TW: cuteness, eating disorder

Luke

It's been two weeks since the sleepover.
I've been wanting to take Kie shopping because I've noticed that she tends to isolate herself. So I texted her this morning and asked if she would be down to go tomorrow. She said she had to ask Alex so I'm pretty sure we can go.

Anyway. That's tomorrow. Today I decided to go over there and surprise her with a gift basket. I call it the mental health improvement basket. It has a bunch of sweets and fruits. More fruits because I've noticed Kiara likes them more. Then there's one of my hoodies. I also bought her a teddy bear. If that doesn't cure depression then I don't know what does. And lastly an envelope with different coupons. For example: coupon for a sleepover or a hug. Stuff like that.

It's not much but I hope she loves it. Although mafia kids rather guns and violent shit. Eh Kie isn't like that. Plus if I gave her a gun her brothers would shoot me with it. Each of them. And well I can't die just yet. People haven't seen enough of my fabulous d- shit I forgot to buy flowers. I need to make a pit stop.

I go to the living room and wave bye to Hans, who somehow has a free day. Don't even ask.

The florist is luckily on the way to their mansion. It's not necessarily a secret that Kiara has way more money than I do but she isn't a snob. She appreciates little things and she says that "at least you tried even if you failed".

She is truly too good for this world. Maybe that's why she doesn't want to be in it.

I only know about it because I stole her files from Hans. But since he saw me I only saw that she is in danger for self-deletion. Poor girl. She's too pretty to die. Like my d- shit the flowers.

I get in my car. I have a cool car. It's so pretty. I love my Honda Civic Sport. It's a truly beautiful car. Not as beautiful as the cars in the Carpenters' garage but it is enough for simple little me.

God I love life.

I started my baby and headed off. I got her a big bouquet of purple irises and another of white roses. She deserves the best.

I texted Elijah.

dumb fuck

me: I'll be at your place in like 5. Make sure Kie answers the door pls.

dumb fuck: why are you coming?

me: I have a surprise for her

dumb fuck: fine, whatever

me: c u

dumb fuck: sadly

Elijah loves me, he is just Elijah. Sometimes I think he is the depressed one of the family. I arrive at their mansion and grab my stuff. I prepare myself for a second.

Kiara

I was in my room scrolling through TikTok when the doorbell rang. I didn't think much of it since well they are all downstairs. But then Eli's voice shouted. "Kiara, get the door!". I rolled my eyes. "Get it yourself you lazy fuck" I yelled back. "Just get the fucking door!" he yelled. I had enough so I went downstairs.

And of course Elijah followed me. The others didn't bother. I gave him a glare to which he raised his eyebrows innocently.

I opened the door to a Luke, holding a gift basket and two huge bouquets of flowers. My jaw dropped to the floor and he handed me the gift. "For miss Kiara" he winks at me. I smiled so widely. Elijah took the gifts from me and I deadass jumped into Luke's arms.

The others had come to see what was going on as well. Luke twirled me around. "What is that?" Caleb asks smirking looking at the flowers and basket in Eli's arms. "Oh Elijah's secret admirer" I responded sarcastically. Luke laughed and Eli smiled to my surprise.

"Okay off him" Dylan tells me. He is a weird gal. I ran to punch him. Luke looked weirdly tired all of the sudden. And at some point he leaned against the wall and slid down. I ran back to him. "What's going on?" I asked him. "I just need to rest for a little, don't worry love" he tries to convince me but it was obvious he was hiding something.

"I called Hans. He's on his way here" Alex says before telling Dylan and Chris to help him to our hospital room. What the fuck was happening??

Elijah

I can't lie, I was scared for Luke. I knew he had health issues but he never really told us what. And now I watched Kiara cry in my arms because she thought he was dying. Yes, Luke is strong and I hope it's not something bad but when he first told me that he has a condition, he mentioned that it's pretty bad. He never told me what condition.

"Shhh shhh shh he'll be okay" I whispered to her every time her breathing got heavier. "What if he doesn't make it" she cries. "He didn't get shot. For all we know the problem is minor and he'll be okay" I tried to convince her and myself. I didn't have the heart to tell her that he is sick.

"I am so fat and heavy that I possibly killed somebody" she starts crying harder. "Hey! No! You're small and light. Whatever that was has nothing to do with you. You didn't do anything"
I held her tighter. She refused to go to her room so we were just sitting outside the hospital room door.

Chris and Caleb had gone out to get something for Hans. Dylan had gone to medical school so he was our doctor before Hans arrived. I wanted to ask Torres what was wrong but I didn't have the heart or want to leave Kie alone right now.

Alex walked out of the room. When he saw Kiara holding onto my hoodie for dear life his eyes softened. "Do you want to go in? I can take over with her" he proposed. "I would but I think she wouldn't like that" I said honestly. "I'll take her" he said. "Hey bambina I'll be right back. Alex is here to be with you okay?" I whispered to her. She tightened her grip for a second before weakening it and letting Alex switch places with me.

I don't think I've ever seen Alex sit on a floor like that. He whispered something to her and then signaled for me to go.

I went in. Hans greeted me and pulled me aside. "He will be alright, there was just a complication. It was bound to happen" he told me. "Care to tell me what condition he has?" I asked. "I can't Elijah, I'm sorry. It's not my place" he responded right away. "Torres, my sister is outside that door bawling her eyes out because she thinks he is dying" I told him sternly. "Fine. I will tell you but you cannot tell Kiara" he agrees. I nod even though I know it will be hard.

And the words that left his mouth hit me so hard that I had to sit down.

Alex

I let Elijah go in for two reasons.
1. He deserves to see his friend
2. I need Kiara to feel comfortable with others too

She clung onto me immediately which is something she never does. "He is stable sorellina" I tell her and that doesn't calm her down at all. "Alright. You're going to hate me for this and it goes against every moral I follow so I'm sorry" I say as I pull out a needle which she senses. Kiara jumps up from my arms.

"Unless that's heroin, get it away from me" she warns. I glare at her for the heroin part. "I needed you to get up" I tell her. "Also you're 16 so no fucking heroin for you ever" I raise my voice a little to get my point across. She doesn't seem too happy with that.

I'm about to say something else but Elijah walks out of the hospital room.

"He's awake and he's asking for Kiara"

———————————————————————

This is the worst chapter I have ever written and I'm so sorry for that but it does its job and I'm too tired to rewrite this so try to bare with me.

Yeah anyway.

My friend Helen is reading this so I just wanted to say HEY HELEN! And I hope this isn't utter shit.

Also I didn't proof-read this so ehm feel free to point out mistakes if u want.

Drink water, don't do drugs and have a good day/evening/night/morning/afternoon

<3