A training mission gone wrong (Part two)

(thank you @DragonFlame2008 ! for requesting this! please go check out their works their an amazing writer!)

(mentions of near death, sickness and depictions of wounds)

when they reached the island Inmo and Mario were rushed to the medbay, being checked over by the Diablo twins, they had originally planned to treat Inmo first due to him having a badly infected stab wound but Inmo refused, telling them to treat Mario first and that something was really wrong, the two were hesitant but agreed, using Ritchies powers to make small electric currents on his palm that wouldn't cause harm to the dragon slayer, they were shocked at his internal condition and immediately got to work, Brandon using a few weak healing spells to try to fix external damage, Ritchie picking out a couple healing potions, gauze and a healing Lacrima, before rushing over to the two of them, Brandon had used a simple teleportation spell to switch out the dragons clothes to a starch white t-shirt and pants so he wouldn't be stuck in bacteria covered, blood stained and torn clothes, Ritchie handed the two healing potions to Brandon who started working on getting the ravenette to drink them, Ritchie pulled Mario's shirt to expose his stomach, resting the crystal on him "Brandon can you lift him?" he asked his twin, Brandon nodded in agreement, using his powers to lift him a couple inches off the bed, allowing Ritchie to wrap the gauze around him to hold the healing stone in place, after Ritchie finished Brandon set Mario down "brother, please grab some water and a towel, he has a quite bad fever" Brandon says quietly, Ritchie nodded, going over to the counter, grabbing a jar of water, enchanted by Davids magic to keep it decently cold, a bowl and a hand towel, bringing it over to his brother, noting in his mind that Inmo had laid down to rest, though he was breathing fine he would need to keep an eye on him, the Diablo twins worked on bringing down the earth dragon slayers fever down, keeping his hand in the cold water and keeping a damp towel on his head, every once in a while taking it off his forehead and fanning it in the air to cool it down again, occasionally dipping it back in the water and re-ringing it out to refresh the cool water, it took half and hour of work to get his fever down to a manageable temperature, Ritchie having to stop to check on Inmo every once in a while, after Mario had cooled down enough Ritchie went to Inmo, he was a lot easier to fix, a medium strength healing stone on his arm to fix a break and fracture, using vodka to disinfect the infection, using spells and potions to fix it and other smaller wounds, by the time the twins were down healing the two they were exhausted, having drained their strength and mana healing them, the two younger boys were asleep in their respective beds, Inmo having also changed them self into the same white t-shirt and pants, having fallen asleep right after changing, the twin wanted to go sleep but didn't want to leave either of them alone in case Inmo got sick or if Mario's fever spiked, they jumped in surprise as the door to the room opened, Kit and Tapio walking into the room "hello master Ritchie, master Brandon" Tapio greets, waving at them before going to Mario's bed to check on him, jumping up and curling into his side, purring softly as he did, Kit set her hand on Brandon's shoulder "you two should rest, we'll keep an eye on these two idiots" the fire mage said warmly, the twins nodded, smiling at her before shuffling off to their house, Kit sighed, sitting down on Inmo's bed to keep a closer eye on him, trusting Tapio to keep watch over his favorite person.

Mario felt exhausted when he woke up, his body was sore and his brain felt like it was trying to melt, he forced his eyes open but immediately closed them again, groaning in pain and putting his arms over his eyes, it was bright and his surrounding were starch white, reflecting the light violently, after a moment he opened his eyes again, sitting up despite his bodies protests, he looked around, he was in the Divinus Magia medical room, he had a healing crystal attached to his stomach with gauze and he was in a white shirt and pants, having been changed from his ripped and blood stained clothes, Mario glanced around the room when he noticed Inmo resting in the next bed over, he was in the same outfit as the earth dragon slayer and had another kind of healing crystal but his was on his arm, his arm had been fractured so that would explain why it was on his arm, was Mario's on his stomach cause he broke a rib or his spine? a handful of questions circle the ravenettes mind as he sits there, Mario glanced up as he heard the door open, his ears twitching as he heard the person walk into the room, Kit had a clipboard in her hand, she looked up with a surprised look on her face "oh hey" she said smiling at him, coming to sit at his bedside "I'm impressed you woke up so soon" she said, writing something on her clipboard before looking back to him, Mario paused before he started asking questions "what happened?" he asked, twisting the hem of his shirt as he spoke, Kit gave him a weary look before sighing and starting to explain "Inmo said you both were attacked, when we found you guys Inmo had a broken arm and wrist and a bad infected stab wound, you had had a fractured spine, a couple bad wounds and a nasty fever" she explained, the fire mage hesitated before she continued speaking "you've both been in the infirmary for a couple months recovering, Inmos been up and about the room but you haven't been fully conscious till now" she says, giving him a sad look, Mario hums in response, tapping his finger on my thigh nervously "is that everything?" he asked his soul sister tiredly, Kit smiled at him "yep that it and on that note, what were you both thinking!?" she demanded, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him slightly, Mario yelped and grabbed her wrists as she shook him "houses empty! no note! ship gone! you could have died! you could have been taken!" she screeched, before finally stopping and pulling him into a tight hug "if you almost die again I'll kill you myself!" he whispered, Mario sighed, running a hand through her hair, the moment was interrupted by a quiet giggle, the found siblings glanced over, seeing Inmo sitting up, a massive smile on his face "you two are dorks" he laughed, Mario groaned in mock annoyance, grabbing a pillow and chucking it at the explosion mage, nearly knocking him off the bed, Kit snorted, before grabbing her clipboard again and jotting something down and standing up "I'll let the twins know you're awake" she said, patting her bond brothers head before heading out of the room, Mario sighed, falling back on the bed with his arm back over his eyes again, he heard Inmo moving around but didn't pay it much mind, jumping in surprise as the albino haired man sat on his bed before laying down, clinging the Mario's side, Mario moved his arm, looking at the tired explosion mage, Mario sighed, moving his arm down to rest on the shorter mans back, it must have been stressful taking care of him that whole time, making sure he didn't starve or die from a fever, the earth dragon slayer closed his eyes again, starting to run his hands through Inmos hair "thanks for not letting me die" he said, grinning, Inmo groaned before speaking "go to sleep" he hissed in a exhausted tone, Mario chuckled softly, slowly allowing himself to drift off to sleep.

(I hope you guys enjoyed this! thanks again @DragonFlame2008 for requesting this, I really enjoyed writing a follow up story! I hope you guys enjoyed the hidden gems, quotes and bloopers! please leave a comment, I love hearing from you all! have a great day/night!)