a picnic date

(the picnic set up is similar to the image above but is not identical, this was written when sleep deprived, as usual, so don't dog pile me if I misspell stuff, also blatant Jakey x Bryan with no shame, these two were so cute- also this is very short on purpose, just meant to a cute skit)

Bryan was in his kitchen, working on making a couple sandwiches for his and Jakey's date, they had decided to go on a picnic instead of going to a restaurant, Jakey had picked out the spot and was setting it up well Bryan was making the food and packing it into the basket, he made sandwiches, fruit salad, a small apple pie and two small bowls of stew, along with a jar of lemonade, Bryan tucked the food and lemonade into the basket, laying a checkered towel over it to protect the cold items from the sun, before he headed out of his house, making his way through the woods surrounding his house, trying to remember where Jakey had told him the set up was.

 it took about half an hour before Bryan found the spot, it was a cute set up by a small lake, Jakey was sitting next to the water, watching a small duck family swim around, he turned to look over his shoulder when he heard Bryan walking up, the nervousness on his face melting away once he saw it was his fiance, quickly standing to come speak to him, Jakey planted quick a kiss on Bryans cheek "I f-figured you got lost with how long y-you took" he joked, walking with Bryan to the blanket, Bryan sat the basket in the middle of the blanket, sitting on one side, Jakey sitting across from him "how did you find this spot? its gorgeous" Bryan asked, looking out across the lake, admiring the fire flower vines creeping up the integral trees, the two most prominent fauna in the area, Jakey happily explained how he had found it well hiking the area with Oliver, how he had almost fallen into the lake and how the ducks had tried to sit in his lap and play with Oliver when they stopped for a break and how friendly they were, Bryan happily unpacked the food well Jakey talked, noticing the ducks swimming over to them, cutting Jakey off as the mama and her babies hopped out of the water to see what the two mages were doing, the ducklings jumping in and out of the now empty basket, the mama duck sitting down next to Jakey, watching her babies play in the basket, Bryan snorted softly, watching the little ducklings fall all over the place as they play "you weren't joking about them being friendly" he says, reaching out and gently petting one of the closer ducklings, the date was calm, talking about their weeks, watching the ducks eat the fruit salad as they speak, it was comfortable, the weather was perfect and the fauna and animals were beautiful, it was a perfect date.

(hey guys! I hope you guys enjoyed the story! please leave a comment, I love hearing from you all! have a great day/night!)