Chapter Twenty Six - The Road To Argus

As they continued their journey, Pip and the Wild Geese squadron along with the rest of the group learned that Jaune and his allies were staying there after escorting the passengers from the Argus Limited. On the way there, Maria revealed that she used to be a Silver Eyed Warrior known as the Grimm Reaper until she lost her eyes to the assassin Tock. She then took Ruby on as a student to help her train in using her Silver Eyed powers. After a long trip, they reached Argus.

Yang: Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Argus.

As they reached Argus, Pip and the Wild Geese squadron along with Team RWBY, Qrow and Maria make their way into the house where Jaune and the rest of Team JNPR as well as the rest of the Wild Geese. Upon being reunited with their friends, Team JNPR were happy to see their friends.

Jaune: It's good to see you all again!

Ruby: I told you we'd be fine, Jaune! We ran into some bumps on the way, but we're still here.

Oscar: So, where have you guys been staying?

Before Jaune could say this, a woman with a striking resemblance to Jaune enters the room with a baby boy in her arms.

???: There you are!

Jaune: Hey, Saph.

It didn't take long for Ruby to piece together that this woman was Jaune's older sister.

Ruby: I can't believe I'm meeting your sister! I have so many questions.

Nora: Oh, I can give you the rundown later!

Jaune: Will you guys knock it off?

Saphron: What? I love telling stories about my baby brother.

Jaune: I am not a baby! That is a baby.

As Jaune points at the baby boy, Yang and Weiss immediately fawn over the baby boy. The baby then points excitedly to Pip. Pip chuckled at this. 

Pip: Well hello there, little guy! 

Saphron: Looks like my Adrian likes you.

Pip: May I?

Saphron: Of course.

Saphron then lets Pip hold the baby Adrian cradles him in his arms. The baby begins to coo at Pip, causing the mercenary captain to chuckle. 

Saphron: I've never seen my Adrian warm up to a stranger so quickly.

Pip: What can I say? I have that charm. 

Wild Geese Grunt: Never knew you had it in you, Captain. 

Saphron: You must be Captain Pip Bernadotte. Your men have told me a lot about you. 

Pip: I hope my boys weren't too rowdy, Miss Arc. 

Saphron: I've dealt with my fair share of rowdy men. And besides, my baby brother was here to protect his big sister. Isn't that right, Jaune. 

Jaune groaned in embarrassment as Pip and the Wild Geese chuckled. 

Blake: So Saphron, you're the only Arc living here?

Saphron: Yep! Moved the second I could. Jaune and I are the only two living away from home. I guess he just wanted to be like his big sis.

As Saphron says this, a dark haired woman with glasses enters the house with bags of groceries.

Saphron: Everyone, this is my wife, Terra Cotta.

Everyone kindly greeted Saphron's wife. Terra was then approached by Pip who was still cradling Adrian. 

Pip: Hello, miss. Captain Bernadotte of the Wild Geese, but please call me Pip. 

Terra: So you're the Captain of these men. I must admit, when Saph called and told me we had a lot of visitors, I thought she was joking. 

As everyone began to settle down in the house, they begin to converse with each other.

Pip: My men and I ae grateful for your hospitality. It's not often we have such pleasant company. 

Saphron: Of course, we're happy to house Huntsmen and Huntresses.

Terra: You all risk so much to keep people like us safe. It's the least we can do. Especially for such an elite Huntsman like yourself. Although, I will say I was surprised to learn you had students helping you. Is that even...legal?

Qrow didn't pay attention to the question much to the annoyance to his niece who elbows him.

Qrow: Uh, of course. Think of it as an extended training mission. Trust me, I was a professor. Even went to the same academy as them. Let me tell ya, these kids are way better than we were at their age. Well, not better than me specifically, but a lot of students...

Ruby: Shut up, there's food!

As everyone began to eat, Terra's scroll began to ring.

Terra: Excuse me, I'll be right back.

As Terra left the room, everyone became curious.

Blake: Is everything okay?

Saphron: Oh, yeah, it will be. Terra's a technician for the town's relay tower. Unfortunately, the military's radar system is also housed there. Guess what's been on the fritz lately and who's getting falsely blamed.

Terra: Me.

Saphron: So, what's your plan for tomorrow?

Ruby: Well...We're trying to make our way to Atlas. We'll probably start with the military base.

Jaune: So, we kind of already tried that, and... it didn't go... super great.

Pip: What do you mean? 

Jaune: It's....it's complicated.

Yang: Come on, it couldn't be that bad...

Wild Geese Sergeant: I'm afraid Jaune's right. We couldn't get the chopper close enough to Argus without getting shot down, so we had had to land in the outskirts and proceed here on foot. They got the whole airspace on lockdown. 

With that, Pip and the Wild Geese along with Ruby's group make their way to the Atlesian Military base on the island off the coast of Argus in an attempt to move forward on their mission to reach Atlas. They would soon quickly learn that doing so was easier said than done