Chapter Forty Two - The Hunt For Tyrian Callow

As the situation in Mantle began to deteriorate, Pip and the Wild Geese set out on their search for Tyrian Callows. As they walks the streets of Mantle, they could see that the situation in Mantle was dire. People were in misery. They could see that it was a powder keg waiting to blow. Between the chaos brought upon by Tyrian's attack as well as Robyn's theft of Atlas supplies, they could see the powder keg that was unfolding before them.

Wild Geese Grunt: Damn. This place is taking one hell of a beating. 

Pip: Ironwood was right about one thing. This is a worst case scenario.

With that, Pip and the Wild Geese continued following up on all possible leads on Tyrian. As their search went nowhere, it was clear that Tyrian Callows had covered his tracks. Soon enough, their search led them to a bar. Outside the bar was a group of Atlesian soldiers.

Atlesian Soldier: Stop right there! This is a restricted area! Move along!

Pip: We're on business from General Ironwood.

Without hesitation, the Atlesian soldiers allow Pip and the Wild Geese to pass. When they entered the bar, they found it to be empty.

Wild Geese Lieutenant: According to reports just before the attack, Tyrian Callows was spotted in this bar.

Pip: Search the bar top to bottom. Leave no stone unturned. 

With that, Pip and the Wild Geese searched the bar for any clues that could lead them to Tyrian. As they searched the bar, one of the Wild Geese walked behind the bar. He quickly notices something on the ground. The Wild Geese mercenary then gets on the ground and knocks on the wooden floor. When he hears a hollow sound, the Wild Geese mercenary calls Pip who breaks down the door, revealing a hidden passageway.

Pip: Well what do we have here? 

With that, Pip and the Wild Geese began exploring the tunnels in search for Tyrian. Like the rest of the search, it seemed to be going nowhere. However, they soon found something. Near the tunnel's exit, Pip found a list. Pip began reading over the names on the list. Some of the names had been crossed off. Robyn's name came up on the list. The name that linked the list to Tyrian was Forest: a known associate of Robyn Hill and the Happy Huntresses as well as a vocal critic of Ironwood.

Wild Geese Lieutenant: He was just murdered a couple of days ago. 

Pip: This list has to be Tyrian's. Every name on that list are critics of Ironwood. Tyrian must be killing Ironwood's opponents to frame him. Or at the very least make him look bad. And with all that's happening in Mantle, Ironwood is not making things any better for himself.

With that, Pip and the Wild Geese continued to investigate the underground tunnel. Beeping was heard. Pip looked around to see red lights. Without hesitation, Pip and the Wild Geese began running for the exit. As they made their way to the exit, an explosion was heard and felt as the tunnels began to cave in. Pip and the Wild Geese were able to escape just before the tunnels were completely caved in. After narrowly escaping the booby trap, the Wild Geese took a moment to process this.

Wild Geese Grunt: Shit....

Suddenly, Pip received a call from Yang tell him that she and Blake were pursuing Robyn. Realizing that their search for Tyrian was practically over, Pip and the Wild Geese rushed over to Yang and Blake's position. They soon regrouped with Yang and Blake who had cornered Robyn.

Robyn: If Ironwood wants me, he'll have to send more than a couple of kids.

Yang: He is. Stopping the trucks alerted the Ace-Ops. We don't have long before they arrive, so please listen to us. You need to know the truth.

Robyn: You're stalling.

It wasn't long before Pip and the Wild Geese  arrived.

Robyn: Pip?

Pip: Listen to us, we're not here to fight. We just want to talk!

Robyn: We've got nothing to talk about.

Blake: Amity Colosseum, all these supplies, they're for....

Blake pauses and looks to Pip and Yang who nod at her.

Blake: They're for a new communications tower.

Robyn: That doesn't make any sense.

Yang: A new tower means the kingdoms can finally....

Robyn: I know what the tower means, Fisticuffs.

Robyn then approaches the four and extends her hand.

Robyn: One of you take my hand.

Yang: What?

Robyn: You said time is short. Either take it, or I'm gone.

As Blake and Yang were hesitant about this, Pip speaks up.

Pip: If we want Robyn to trust us, then we'll need to trust her. 

Trusting Pip's words, Blake walks forward and takes Robyn's hand. Pale lilac Aura manifests over their hands and forearms.

Robyn: Tell me again what is Ironwood building out in the tundra?

Blake: A new communications tower. He's trying to help...everyone.

As Robyn uses her Semblance on Blake, she sees that Blake is telling the truth.

Robyn: You're telling the truth.

Yang: Handy Semblance.

Pip: Having a lie detector is pretty damn useful. 

Robyn: Why keep that a secret?

Blake: Because he doesn't know who he can trust. Atlas isn't out to get anybody. The people murdering civilians in Mantle are just trying to make it look that way. And if those same people learn about Amity, they'd do everything in their power to destroy it.

Robyn: So, who are "they"? Who's actually behind this?

Suddenly, Harriet contacts them through the communicator.

Harriet(Communicator): Yang, Blake, where are you?

Pip: You need to get out of here before the Ace-Ops arrive.

Robyn: Not until I get some answers.

Yang: Look, we are trusting you, so trust us when we say that Amity Tower needs to stay a secret until it's done. We just need a little more time.

Pip: You asked us to trust you, now we need you to trust us. Now get out of here before they arrive.

As the Ace-Ops zeroed in on their position, Robyn left the area to regroup with the Happy Huntresses. With that, Pip along with Blake and Yang had revealed the truth about the Amity Tower to Robyn Hill. Only time will tell whether or not that it was a mistake.