Chapter Forty Six - The Final Word

After stopping Ironwood, Pip and the Wild Geese chased after the Ace-Ops alongside Qrow and Robyn. By the time they caught up with them, they had already boarded the airship with the bomb, ready to drop it. The Wild Geese Helicopter arrived to pick them up.

Pip: Everybody get inside!

Everybody got inside the Helicopter as it began chasing after the ship. Soon enough, the helicopter caught up with the airship.

Pip: Keep this bird steady! We're going in!

Pip, Qrow and Robyn made their way to the helicopter's loading ramp. Pip pulls out his revolver and shoots at the ramp's hinges, releasing the loading ramp. As Pip, Qrow and Robyn jumped inside, they were attacked by Harriet. Pip looked at the bomb and saw that it was now armed.

Pip: Shit! The bomb's armed!

As Pip said this, Harriet pounced on Pip and attacked the mercenary captain.

Harriet: I knew we shouldn't have listened to a hired gun! And now you've killed the General!

Pip: Ironwood gave me no choice!

Harriet: If you all had listened to General Ironwood, then we wouldn't have to resort to this!

Harriet proceeds to punch Pip repeatedly, but the mercenary captain kicks Harriet off of him. He then makes a run for the bomb to try and help Robyn keep in in place.

Qrow: You're making a mistake, Harriet! What happened to Clover, I blame....

Harriet: Shut up ALREADY!

Harriet then uses her speed Semblance to cut the straps holding the bomb in place, and then jumping to tilt the airship. The bomb starts to slide towards the open cargo door, and Qrow jumps in front of it, trying to hold it in place. Pip and Robyn rush to the bomb to try and disarm it.

Harriet: Get out of the way!

Suddenly, the ship begins to lose control. Vine uses his Semblance to hold Harriet in place while Elm provides support.

Elm: Hare, please! Don't do this! They're still evacuating in Mantle!

Harriet: Why can't you just let me do my job?!

Elm: Because you're our friend! And we won't let you go through with this!

Harriet was taken aback by Elm's words as the bomb continues to slide forward. Qrow was shoved out of it's way. Pip and Robyn tried to pull the bomb back inside, but they quickly lost grip of it. Qrow takes out Clover's pin and closes his eyes somberly. The Ace Ops watch in shock as the bomb begins to near the edge of the ramp. Suddenly, it stops, and Qrow and the Ace Ops breathe a sigh of relief. Suddenly, the screen on the bomb says, "INITIATE COUNTDOWN" with the prompt for "YES" being highlighted. Qrow and Harriet look to each other in disbelief. The countdown starts at 30 seconds.

Qrow: The autopilot's locked! We gotta go!

As Harriet came to her senses, she fell to her knees.

Harriet: There's no time to make it out of the blast range. I've....killed us all....I'm sorry....

Robyn: Do you think you or you men could disarm the bomb?

Pip: If I had more time, then yes. But at this point, we're well past the point of no return.

As Pip says this, Vine walks towards the bomb. In that moment, the Ace-Ops knew what he was planning.

Elm: No....you can't!

Vine: I can....if it means saving all my friends. Go. I'll take it from here.

Left with no other choice, Pip along with Qrow and Robyn board the Wild Geese Helicopter. Harriet tries to reach out to Vine, but Elm restrains her and takes her in the Ebon Hawk. As the helicopter begins to fly away, Vine begins to use his Semblance to create a barrier to contain the explosion. The timer goes off, and the contained explosion causes the Vine's Aura barrier to disappear. A cloud of smoke is left in its wake as Robyn, Elm and Harriet look on sadly. Robyn begins to fly the ship away from Atlas. Soon enough, Atlas begins to fall onto Mantle. From the helicopter, Pip and the others watch in shock as Atlas and Mantle are destroyed in on fell swoop. Qrow quickly gets on the radio and attempts to contact Ruby and Yang.

Qrow: Ruby?! Yang?! Can you hear me?! Ruby! Yang! Please pick up!

Qrow desperately screams out the names of his nieces as he tries to contact them, his expression turning horrified when they don't respond. Seeing the desperation on Qrow's face, Pip steps in.

Pip: Stop!

Qrow: I....I can't lose Ruby and Yang! Not like this! I...I made a promise to Tai....to Summer....

Pip: Get a grip of yourself, Qrow! We know Ruby and Yang. We know they're going to be alright. They're probably waiting for us in Vacuo as we speak.

Qrow: And how can you know that? You saw what just happened to Atlas and Mantle! They were in Atlas!

Pip: I saw what happened to Atlas and Mantle! But we can't afford to think that way! We just....we just have to have faith that they got out of their in time.

While Qrow was still visibly worried, he took comfort in his old friend's words. As Qrow took a step back, Pip took a deep breath. A part of him shared Qrow's worries. As silence fell in the Helicopter, Pip turned to the pilot.

Wild Geese Pilot: Where to now, Captain?

Pip: Get us to Vacuo ASAP!We still have a job to do.....

With that, the Wild Geese pressed on to Vacuo. In that moment, both Atlas and Mantle had been destroyed. In that moment, the forces of darkness dealt a devastating blow to the forces of the light.