Chapter Thirty Five - A New Approach

After being arrested by the Ace-Ops, Pip and the rest of Ruby's group were loaded onto a transport ship en route to Atlas.

Ruby: Where do you think they're taking us?

Qrow: I'm gonna go with jail.

Jaune: I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing. 

Despite the gravity of the situation, Pip showed no sign of concern.

Weiss: Welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives.

Ruby: You okay, Uncle Pip?

Pip: Yeah, Kiddo.

Blake: You seem...unfazed.

Pip: Let's just say I've got a little...insurance policy.

Clover: I'd be careful if I were you, Captain Bernadotte.

Harriet: Why do you even bother, Clover? This guy is just a hired gun.

Pip: Careful, little girl. Just remember my boys got the drop on you.

Pip smirks as he leans back. Outside the transport ship, the Wild Geese helicopter follows the transport ship at a safe distance. As the transport ship makes it's way to it's destination, they soon hear one of the prisoners talking about a group of Huntresses calling themselves the Happy Huntresses. It wasn't long until the ship reached Atlas. The transport ship soon landed at Atlas Academy instead of a police station. The Ace-Ops soon escorts Pip and Ruby's group to the Atlas Academy. Once inside, they are led into an office room where Ironwood, Winter and Penny were inside.

Penny: Yay, you're here!

Weiss: Winter.

As Winter sees Weiss in handcuffs, she turns to the guards.

Winter: You have ten seconds to take those off before I start hurting you.

As Winter says it, the guards remove everyone's cuffs.

Ironwood: It is so good to see all of you.

Pip: You have an odd way of expressing that, General.

Ironwood: I sincerely regret how you were treated by my team. When a rogue airship entered our airspace, it raised some... red flags. We assumed the ship was stolen.

Pip: We were given no other choice. We did what we had to do to get here. Your people didn't exactly make things easy for us.

Qrow: Listen Jimmy, we have information that's....confidential.

Penny: Oh, is it about the Relics?

Winter: Or perhaps the Winter Maiden?

Qrow: You told them?

Ironwood: Did you really think you were the only one who got to work on a new plan after Beacon? With Ozpin gone, I needed my own team of people I could trust. So yes, I told them. The Ace-Ops too. Which is why I'm so glad you're here...with this. Until now, I believed it was impossible to truly turn the tide against Salem. Oz has pushed her back, has kept victory out of her claws, but she will keep returning stronger and stronger...unless we destroy her.

Ruby: But...what about the Atlas Relic?

Ironwood: You mean the Staff of Creation?

Penny: It's safe inside the Vault!

Qrow: And the Winter Maiden?

Winter: She is secure and in stable condition.

Pip: Stable condition?

Qrow: She's, uh, not exactly a spring chicken.

Pip: Couldn't she just use those Maiden powers to heal herself?

Qrow: I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

Ironwood: I know how this all looks. Recalling my military? The embargo? I probably don't seem the most trustworthy right now.

Blake: Then why continue it?

Nora: The people of Mantle are hurting!

Ironwood: I needed to ensure Salem couldn't infiltrate Atlas. And I wanted my military here, protecting my people.

As Ironwood said this, Pip became concerned.

Pip: Nora is right Have you been to Mantle lately, General? They're not exactly having a good time down there. The people down there are scared. Surely you must see that.

Ironwood: As if you are one to speak. What have you been doing since Beacon fell?

Pip: Plenty, General. My boys and I have been in the meat grinder ever since Beacon.

Ironwood: While you were out doing God knows what, I've been trying to keep Atlas together. It hasn't been easy, but I've had to make some tough calls. 

Pip: Let's just hope you're making the right calls, General. 

Ironwood: Just as you all have been entrusted with the knowledge of Salem's existence, I need you all to trust me. I have a plan. Ozpin believed the best way to fight Salem was to do so in secret. Whether that was the right choice or not isn't for me to say. But we find ourselves in a position of needing, well, a new approach.

Ironwood soon reveals his plans to use the Amity Colosseum used during the Vytal Festival as a means of restoring global communications as well as reveal Salem's existence to the world. Immediately, everyone expressed concerns about the plan, but Ironwood was confident in the plan.

Ironwood: We have much work ahead of us. But first, I think we need to get those weapons of yours up to our standards.

Winter: Remember, this is Atlas. While assisting the military, we will provide you with the best equipment our scientists can devise.

As Winter said this, an Atlas Ensign approached General Ironwood.

Atlas Ensign: General, we've got an unidentified bogey heading towards the Academy. It looks to be alone.

As the Ensign updates General Ironwood on the situation, Ironwood turns to Pip.

Ironwood: Would that be your doing, Captain Bernadotte?

With a smirk on his face, Pip picks up his radio and contacts the pilot.

Pip: Stand down, boys. The good General and I have come to an agreement.

Wild Geese Pilot(Radio): Understood, Captain.

Pip: Feel free to land in the hanger. I'm sure the General won't mind.

Ironwood simply nods as he accepts Pip's wishes. After that, Ruby's Group would have their weapons improved while Pip and the Wild Geese would regroup. Despite this, all that he and the rest of Ruby's group could do was prepare.