Chapter Thirty One - Pip VS Adam

As Pip and Adam stared each other down, Adam made the first move by lunging at him. Pip whipped out his revolver and began firing at Adam, but the Bull Faunus deflects the bullets. When Adam got close, he knocks the pistol out of Pip's hand. The Mercenary Captain then pulls out a Combat Knife and parries one of Adam's strikes. Anger grips Adam as he pushes back against Pip. During the initial duel, the two locked blades. While Adam was seething in rage, Pip maintained his calm and collected demeanor.

Adam: I'll finish what I started, Mercenary scum!

Pip: I'd like to see you try, you son of a bitch!

Enraged by Pip's words, Adam broke the lock and attacked Pip with a series of power strikes in an attempt to break through his defenses. However, Pip still maintains a strong defense as he parried Adam's attacks. After parrying one of Adam's strikes, Pip manages to land a slash on Adam's arm. Adam groans in pain as he kicks Pip in the face.

 Adam: I won't let you stand in my way!

Consumed by his anger and rage, Adam charges up his Moonslice Semblance. Knowing what Adam was about to do, Blake warns Pip.

Blake: Pip! Don't let Adam hit you! His Semblance absorbs energy through his sword, stores it up and then sends it back outward!

Heeding Blake's warning, Pip glances over to his revolver. As Adam charges at him, Pip rushes to grab his revolver. Adam then generates afterimages of himself. As Adam got closer, Pip took aim with his revolver and fired it at Adam, hitting him in the shoulder. This caused Adam to break off his attack. Seizing the opportunity, Pip tackles Adam and the two have an intense close quarters battle. Adam soon gets the upper hand kicks Pip in the face, pushing him back. As Pip recovers from Adam's attack, Adam lunges at him and manages to slash at Pip's arm. Ignoring the pain, Pip continues to defend himself against Adam's relentless onslaught.

Adam: Before I kill you, I want to know why. Why do you continuously put yourself in harm's way for her?

Pip: What can I say? I've always hated bullies. You've caused quite a bit of trouble and pain to those two girls. I'm going to put an end to it. 

Adam: I loved her once. Now look what she turned me into.

Pip: You've done that yourself. But how about we end this one and for all? 

In that moment, Adam was overcome with rage as he attacked Pip with powerful power strikes. Adam then charges up his Moonslice Semblance and attempts to fire a large energy blast to kill Pip. Pip reacts by rolling out of the way, just barely missing the attack. The Moonslice attack strikes a large tree, causing it to fall. Both Pip and Adam got out of the way and proceeded to jump on the fallen tree and continued their duel. As the duel dragged on, both Pip and Adam began to reach their limit as both became more and more exhausted. During the struggle, Adam grips Pip's face and attempts to gouge out his other eye. Without hesitation, Pip bites down on two of Adam's fingers. Adam screams in pain as Pip bites off two of Adam's fingers and spits them out. 

Adam: You bastard! I'll kill you for that!

Pip: All I hear is talk, you bastard! Come and get me! 

At this point, Pip and Adam enter a brutal close quarters fight. Pip punches Adam in the face and follows through by kneeing him in the face. Adam responds by grabbing some dirt and throwing at Pip's face, disorienting him. Adam then punches Pip in the stomach, bringing the Mercenary Captain to his knees. Adam then kicks Pip while he's down. As Pip was on his back, Adam gets on top of Pip and begins punching him in the face. As the battle turned against Pip, an exhausted Blake turns to see Pip's revolver. Operating on instinct, Blake crawls to the pistol. When she grabs the Revolver, she cocks it and attempts to aim at Adam, but her arm is shaking. Yang then tightly grips Blake's arm to steady her aim. 

Blake: ADAM!

Upon hearing his name, Adam looks up in shock to see Blake aiming Pip's Revolver at him. Without hesitation, Blake fires a shot, hitting Adam in the shoulder. She fires once more, hitting Adam in the chest. She fires the last bullet, hitting Adam in the neck. As Adam staggers back, Pip takes the opportunity to plunge his Combat Knife into Adam's chest. Adam gasps as Pip speaks. 

Pip: That was for Yang, you son of a bitch! 

Pip then pulls the knife out of Adam's chest. As Adam took his last breath, he slumps forward and falls off the bridge. On his fall down, his body hits the cliffside with a sickening crunch, before disappearing into the water below. Blake falls to her knees as Yang runs to her. Blake began to sob as Yang embraced her.

Blake: I... I am not going to break my promise, I swear.

Yang: I know you won't. 

After a moment, Pip limps over to Blake and Yang. 

Pip: Are you girls okay?

Blake: We're...we're fine. Are you....

Pip: A little sore, but I'll live. 

Blake: I...I was unable to deactivate the radar.

Pip: It doesn't matter. We still have a job to do.

With that, Pip along with Blake and Yang left the waterfall to join the others to adapt the plan. But in that moment, Adam Taurus was dead and he could no longer torment Blake. Pip had settled his unfinished business with Adam as well as avenging what Adam did to Yang and help Blake end that torment once and for all.