7

CW: More Violence

I shoot up from my desk remembering I fell asleep in the midst of working on my blueprint.

I pull my blanket off to head to my room before I get caught sleeping here after hours.

Wait, blanket?

I rub my eyes trying to clear my eyes of the fog of sleep and realize I am already in my bed, in my own room.

I look down and see my tool garter is off and on the floor next to my bed, but my work clothes from yesterday are still on.

Why would I fall asleep without changing. My face falls into the palms of my hands as I try to recount the events of the night and I cringe and feel my body heat with rage from recalling the meeting with Lord Vader then writing at my desk. Did I wake up and walk back and was too tired to remember? That feels unlikely, but there is no other explanation. I refuse to believe otherwise.

Lord Vader was the only one who knew I was there last night. I didn't bother telling Lux's friends about this meeting.

There's not a chance he took me to bed. I refuse to believe it after the malicious words he said to me last night. Let alone would he take off my garter.

I choose to believe that I walked myself back to my room. My commlink buzzes.

"Yes?" I responded awkwardly.

"General Tarkin called in a meeting starting at 8-hundred." A static voice responds.

"Roger that – oh I mean copy" I still don't know how to respond on my commlink. I glance down and read that it's 745 and I currently have 15 minutes to get ready and navigate the halls to the conference room. Great.

Panting and out of breath, I make it to the conference room with less than a minute to spare. I walk in and see Lord Vader and General Tarkin standing in front of a hologram board at the head of the table. A blush of red stings my cheeks from walking in late.

There is an empty seat between Stryker and Lux. Thank gods for them.

I manage to slip in between them without causing too much of a commotion and sit right as Tarkin claps his hands together signaling the start of the meeting.

"I assume you guys have already heard of the attacks that were sent to Tatooine, Naboo, and Dagobah," I sheepishly look down at the mention of my planet, but I didn't realize other planets were also invaded. My heart hurts to think of others like me who were scared and hurt.

"The mission to eliminate the Jedi Order is within reach. The next objective is to visit the planet Hoth. We suspect Rebel activity going on and we must act quickly to, pardon my rhyme, 'eliminate before it is too late,'" A cheeky grin overcomes his face, but quickly drops when the hum of silence is all that can be heard.

Tough crowd, I thought it was funny.

Tarkin clears his throat, an embarrassed blush now painting his skin red, "However the rebel alliance will hear us coming since it is an Ice Planet and the sound will travel more easy with less hindrance from obstacle, but that is until our newest member to tactical operations has come up with a solution for us," He gestures towards me and every head in the room turns to look at me with surprise that i've been tasked with such a valuable assignment.

My cheeks flush under the scrutiny of their gazes and Stryker's hands shake my shoulders in excitement, "Atta girl so proud." Not helping pal.

The familiar feeling of anxiety settles in my stomach, and I look up with embarrassment. My heart dropped when I saw Vader's eyes locked on me with his jaw clenched shut. His adams apple bobs in his throat, but with his hood on I can't quite decipher his features.