17

My eyes burn from lack of sleep. We had to wake up extra early to leave and as usual, I am the last person to arrive at the hangar. We are about to leave for Hoth any minute now.

Nausea swirls in my stomach from nerves. I am going head first into battle with zero experience. Vader assured me I would only have to sit and do nothing, but nonetheless I am still anxious.

Throughout the hanger officers concealed in their white Storm Trooper helmets march around in an organized fashion stepping into large shuttles with my blasters in hand.

A smile stretches across my face, feeling proud to see my hard work paying off. To build something was one thing, but to see it in use was beyond anything I could have imagined.

General Tarkin approaches me, "Your ship is ready to board."

"Yes General," I say, about to walk away.

"Going to be a little cold now are we?" His gaze scans me in a concerning fashion.

I look down at my outfit. Black long sleeve and black work pants, "This is all I have, General," I shrug.

He shows me a disbelieving look, "I see. Good luck, I hope your mechanical skills are as useful as your weaponry skills."

That makes both of us. I nod my head, "Yes, General."

The sleek back ship sits at the back of the hangar since it will be the last to leave, so the Officers can take down the initial wave of Jedi on the way in, and then Vader can get to whoever he needs to get to with ease.

The door to the ship is open and I take a deep breath before entering.

My heart speeds up at the sight of a brooding Vader sitting in the pilot's seat next to an empty co-pilot seat. Of course he can fly. What can't he do? I roll my eyes in annoyance at the sight.

There is a bench seat that lines the back wall of the ship. Avoiding Vader I take a seat on the back bench without a word.

He doesn't turn to acknowledge me but he calls out, "The co-pilot's seat is yours."

"I'm good." I do not want to be near him.

He scoffs in response, "I wasn't suggesting."

"And I said I am fine back here." I spit.

"Just because you're mad my cock was in your mouth doesn't mean you can go against ship protocol," he turns over his shoulder to face me and his eyes are his angry fiery orange, "So you sit here, or I force you to."

I bite my cheeks into my mouth holding back screaming words of profanity at him from his crude words.

Reluctantly, I concede knowing I will end up there one way or another and I'd rather not be manhandled. I stand and march towards the seat and plop down with an exaggerated angry huff. I realize I am acting a bit bratty, but he just makes me see red.

Under his breath he mutters, "For fucks sake."

The angry tension in the air is so thick it's almost hard to breathe. It is very clear that neither one of us are happy with this predicament.

"Got your tools?" he asks professionally.

"Yup."

"Buckle up." he demands, then clicks a bunch of buttons on the motherboard in front of him and the hum of the craft coming to life vibrates the seat.

Vader prepares the ship for takeoff and the way he flips various switches and takes control of the ship has my legs squeezing together. It's infuriating how beautiful he was.