26

Okay everyone, I can't contain it I am so happy with this chapter and I'm too excited to publish it. I rewrote and rewrote this multiple times wanting it to be perfect. I've been thinking about this moment since I started writing. Thank you for giving my writing the time of day. This has been an incredible escape for me.

Alas, the moment we've been waiting for:

CW: Sexual Implications

A nightmare jolts me from my sleep in a cold sweat. I still sometimes relive the day Nik attacked me in the shower.

It takes several seconds for me to remember where I am. The fluorescent light of the city cast a faint glow across the dark room.

Panickedly, I scan the room, but my brows pull together in confusion when I see I am all alone. The only evidence of Vader's presence is an indent in the bed where he was sleeping. I fell asleep before he got back, so I haven't seen him since last night.

Once he left me on the floor, I was able to recollect myself. Wash myself clean of him and my filthy actions.

I was alone all day yesterday and today so I took the liberty to snoop, eat his food, and draw scribbles on paper to keep me busy.

As a joke I drew Vader with flames in his eyes and devil horns. I even clipped it to the fridge for him to see when he got home so he knew how I felt about him.

When he returned last night, I pretended I was already asleep in bed so I didn't have to face him.

I know he could probably hear my thoughts and know I awake, I just don't think I would have been able to look him in the eyes without feeling shame. He slipped into bed without a word and we both hopelessly chased sleep.

As I try to calm down from my nightmare, a lump gets stuck in my throat from anxiety. I make the executive decision to locate water and Vader.

Quietly slipping out of bed, my feet make contact with the cold black marble floor, sending goosebumps all over my body.

I involuntarily shiver from the cold. I am only in a T-shirt and underwear, deciding to forgo pants. He's already seen me naked, I figured sleeping comfortably was the least of his concerns.

Gently padding through the door and into the dark hallway, I reach the kitchen and living area.

A clink of a glass startles me and I whip around and see a shadow sitting staring out the window on the black leather couch.

In hand is a glass of brown liquid and on the floor is a half empty bottle of whiskey. I remember a while ago Alec said he saw Vader sneak alcohol on Starfigher, but I guess it's true.

I know Vader is aware of my presence, but his back is turned to me, his muscles flexing under his tense posture. His shirt looks like it is about to rip open.

I hesitate and watch him from the shadows.

He looks achingly lonely.

Something is off about him. I try to figure out what it is, but he must've felt my gaze staring at him because he turns over his shoulder and just looks at me. His face hidden in the shadows.

My cheeks turn slightly red from being caught and all I can think to ask him is, "Why are you up?"

A dry, insincere chuckle escapes him, "I could ask you the same thing, but I already know."

"You know?" Is he talking about my nightmare?

He turns back to face out the window, shielding me from his face once again.