6

CW: Violence

The door to Ordnance Bay slides open and Lord Vader, with his hood up, is sitting at the desk and it looks like he pulled up another chair for me.

I felt my heart pump a little faster at the kind notion.

It feels like I've walked a mile before I reach him yet he doesn't seem to acknowledge my presence, so I cleared my throat and sat down beside him. He sits toying at a weapon on the desk in front of him.

"Good evening, Lord Vader," I greet as respectful as possible.

"Take apart that blaster," He demanded, completely dismissing me.

I scoff at his rudeness, but my dad always said "kill em' with kindness."

"Of course," I respond happily.

I grabbed a hold of the blaster, and began unscrewing small bits and parts until it was completely disassembled, while he just sat and watched.

I turned toward him and made eye contact for the first time since my arrival. I almost gasp when I realize this is the first time I have seen his eyes without the orange fire and, have mercy, they are a breathtaking shade of blue. Living on a desert my whole life I've never seen the ocean or a large body of water, and there's nothing more I want to do than jump into the depths of his blue eyes and swim as far away as possible.

"Did you hear me? Put it back together now." His demand broke me from my trance of checking him out.

"W-what? I just took it apart, and now you want me to put it back together?" He looked at me as if I told him I wanted to kill his first born.

"Do you want my help or not, I said put it back together" He seethed angrily.

I clenched my teeth with frustration, "Of course, Lord Vader."

Annoyed at his little game, I began re-assembling the blaster and my fingers begin to feel raw from finnicking with the tough metal parts. I felt uncomfortable as he just sat there and stared at me as I worked in silence. I was about halfway done when he interrupted me.

"Stop." He abruptly demanded.

My hands halt their actions, "Yes, Lord Vader?"

"Right there," he pointed, "do you see what's missing?"

I inspected the half built blaster trying to see what he was pointing at. My brows pulled together in confusion.

"I'm sorry, all I see is a half put together blaster."

"Of course" he muttered under his breath, "You see the cooling system right here?" he grabbed the blaster from my hands and pointed to a small black box inside the weapon, "The circuiting as of right now, makes it so the blaster mechanism that converts the energy into the bolts doesn't overheat, because if it overheats it will explode, but that's also what creates the inaccuracy and loud sounds, since its using so much energy when it gets overused the bolts begin overheating they expand and get larger, obviously meaning they get louder and more sloppy, this creating the loud noise and inaccuracy, so that's why right here you need–

"A cooling compact for the barrel blaster" we both say in unison.

I looked at him with excitement, since this revelation he taught me will improve my blueprint so much more than the simple re-touch I had planned. It all made so much sense.

His face looked almost boyish, and he looked slightly embarrassed to have gotten carried away with his nerdy spiel of his tactical knowledge, but it made me blush from excitement.