31

Blood pumps loudly in my ears, drowning out the echoes of the booming ship. I try to breathe, but my lungs are airtight.

I don't understand what's happening but if Vader is scared, then consider me petrified.

With all my might I fumble for my clothes as fast as possible, yet my body feels like it's moving in slow motion.

With a surge of adrenaline, we manage to dress quickly without a word.

Vader grabs both our robes and shoves them in my arms. When his hands brushed against mine, they were trembling.

"What's happening?" I ask, fear oozing out of my voice.

Not sparing me another glance, he turns and begins marching away, "We need to leave."

"What's wrong?" I stumble after him carrying both our robes.

"Hurry up." He snaps, without even looking at me.

The ship ahead beckoned us like a lifeline.

Vader is on high alert constantly looking up and over his shoulder. We start making a swift pace back to the docked ship but it is hard to keep up with his long legs.

Sighing frustratedly, he puts his hand on my back, pushing me trying to speed me up but my legs are unstable and feel like jelly after what we just did.

"Fucks sake," he mutters irritatedly under his breath, before reaching down and grabbing my thighs and carrying me princess-style.

"What?" I shriek from the sudden manhandling.

"Too slow," He snips as we march to the ship.

Over his shoulder I look out at the flowers, soaking them up one last time before we step onto the ship.

Tears threaten to fill my eyes from the fear and grieving what most likely will be my last time fulfilling my dad's dream for us.

When we reach the ship he practically throws me inside, I can barely catch my balance.

He is already seated in the pilot's seat when I'm stable on both feet again. With no warning the ship illuminates with life as he starts it up.

I rush to the copilot's seat to buckle up, but before I make it the ship is hovering in the air about to take off.

Gravity instantly pulls at my body and I feel myself about to fall backwards, but an invisible force holds my body in place.

The only semblance of his concern for me in any way is shown in the way he anchors me to my spot.

"Hold on," he says orderly, before we shoot out, leaving the orbit of Naboo.

Once we reach the void of space and the stars blur around us, he turns over his shoulder and summons my body towards him.

He unbuckles and stands as if there wasn't tons of gravity pulling us and guides me to my seat and buckles me up with a tense look on his face.

My hands are gripping the seat with all my strength trying to relieve my shaking hands.

When Vader returns to his seat, his brows are pulled together angrily and his jawline is so sharp with how hard he's clenching his jaw.

I finally ask again, "What's happening?"

"Nothing!" He shouts while flipping a bunch of switches.

"Should I be worried?"

"Just be quiet for once!" He roars.

The brash words punch me in the stomach. I clamp my mouth shut. It is so hard not to take his behavior right now personally. We just shared the most intimate moment and now he's cold as ice.