19

"She's awake!"

"Bolts! Hey."

My ears ring from the loud voices and a constant beeping from a machine buzzes in my skull.

Slowly, I peel open my eyes. The fluorescent lighting makes me squint and two blurry figures stand over me. None look like my shadow and I can't tell if I am relieved or saddened by that.

"Where am I?" My voice cracks and burns with every syllable.

The figure to my right stands closer, "The medical unit. Your shuttle crashed and you were stranded on Hoth with Lord Vader."

"You're lucky to have survived that, and I am not talking about the crash."

"Dude, now is not the time to joke."

"Hey I am just trying to be light hearted."

The two voices bicker back and forth and my head pounds painfully, "Guys," I interrupt, "Shh."

The figure on the left slightly comes into focus, and I can tell it's Lux, "Sorry Bolts, we're just glad you are okay."

The figure on my right, Stryker says, "Do you want water?"

"What's going on?"

"Well you are resting and that's all you need to worry about," Stryker states.

"No, I am fine," I croak, sounding anything but fine. I swear I sound worse than I feel. Besides a killer headache I feel okay. I am more confused than anything. I can barely recall what happened before everything went black.

In an attempt to sit up, I push up but Stryker's hands push my shoulders back down, "Whoa, careful."

My eyes dart to his hands on me and he must've felt the daggers I was shooting at them because he retreats instantly. I really don't want to be manhandled right now.

"Where is Vader?" I don't know why I am concerned about his whereabouts but he was with me before I ended up here.

"He just left." Lux states.

"He just left here or Starfighter?"

"Both."

My heart winces a bit and that's how I know I really must be injured. Why should I care if he visited or that he is gone? He is the reason I am here anyways. Fuck, my eyes widen in realization, Vader is the reason I am here.

Memories come crashing and invading my brain. My heart begins to speed up as I become angry from recalling all the events before I passed out. Hitting my head from impact, Vader verbally abused me and left me out in the snow to die. Piece of shit.

The heart monitor begins beeping at a rapid pace from my rage.

"Bolts, hey calm down." Stryker tries calming me.

"Do we get Doc?" Lux asks.

"Yes."

"No."

Me and Stryker speak at the same time.

"No, I am fine," I wince, "What's happening now? Am I fired?"

"Okay how about you just lay down for a little while longer and rest, then I will answer your questions," Lux bargains.

I assume I have no choice so I just nod in response, not wanting to use my scratchy vocal cords. Closing my eyes, more memories begin flooding their way through my thoughts as I fall asleep.

Vader and I shared a sleeping bag. I can barely remember it but I can feel it. His warmth against my body, his arm shielding me from the frigid air, pushing me tighter into him.