ᎦᎥᏉᏋ

Angel alerts the mother whale and her calf to stay close, just in case the strange man poses a threat. He's tall and muscular, with a regal bearing and stunning brown eyes. He wears armor that shimmers in the sunlight, and his hair is slicked back and black as the darkest depths of the ocean.

Angel can sense the power emanating from him, and she feels a mix of curiosity and caution. She's encountered many strange creatures in her time as a mermaid, but this man seems different, he seems strange. His skin is tanned and his feet are human, but he does not seem to be struggling to hold his breath. He floats before her as if he can breathe underwater.

The mermaid's brows furrow as she purposefully buts some distance between the man and the whale. She swims between them and watches as the man examines her tail as if he's never seen it before, as if it's completely foreign to him. He holds his jaw strong as if he wishes to remain silent, but Angel just cannot keep her lips shut.

"Máaxech? ( Who are you?) " She asks, her voice carrying on the ocean currents.

The distance between them is still great, but Angel can see the man's shocked expression as she speaks, both from the sound of her voice and the words that leave her lips. He's shocked that not only the strange creature can speak, but she can speak his native tongue as well.

" Je'el u páajtal a t'anik in Namor ( You can call me Namor )" The man utters, his muscles remaining still as he has no interest in yet getting closer, " Bix a k'aba''? ( What is your name?) "

" Pixamec."

And in the far distance, she sees the man form a smile on his lips.

" Angel," He surmises.

The word is strange to Angel's ears, for she has never heard her name spoken to her in the language of the English, and upon seeing her confusion, Namor decides to swim a bit closer, only for Angel to grow protective over the whales. She brings her hand out and once more uses her powers to create a wall of bubbles, shielding the whales from prying eyes, which brings Namor to a halt as he watches in amazement.

He's fascinated.

Namor watches the mermaid protect the animals as if they are her kin and notices the crease in her forehead from her devotion and strong will.

" Yaan teech jump'éel puksi'ik'al bondadoso ( You have a kind heart )" Namor notes.

Angel's heart pulses at his words. It's the first conversation in who knows how long, and while she wishes she could trust him, the man before her is a stranger and nothing more.

" Ba'axech ( What are you? )" He ponders.                           

Angel's head turns in his direction and feels her skin crawl as the distance between them grows shorter and shorter. She's never been this close to someone who resembles a human in so long that she almost feels drawn to him in ways her mind cannot explain.