ᎦᎧᏬᏒᏖᏋᏋᏁ

The Wakandan ship launches a sonic device under the sea, one that forces the Talokanil to surface and escape the water. The ship holds an army, and flying above the sea is the young scientist who nearly brought doom to Talokan.

Namor is furious. He's enraged.

He leads his people to battle and takes to the skies, whilst Angel and Namora power through the sonic death and destroys it so their ears will no longer breath. The mermaid is limited to the seas. Her siren song certainly won't work now. She's almost powerless... almost.

Angel's head pops out from the water, and she raises her hands to control it. The large waves sweep onto the ship and begin dragging soldiers down one by one. She clenches her fist and heats up the metallic surface in an attempt to corner them and limit their movements.

The Dora Milaje then scale down the side of the ship to attack the warriors with their spears, and the Princess Shuri emerges, of whom now dawns the mantle of the Black Panther.

Namor battles the scientist in the skies, for they are the only two who can fly... until two mysterious figures appear. They wear blue suits that contain repulsors, adding two new foes for the King to face. And while he may be outnumbered, he certainly isn't outgunned.

From down in the water, Angel aids her husband in his fight. She attempts to manipulate the water to drown the enemies, but their suits are just too fast. Angel raises up the tides, and uses all her strength to create a swirling vortex of death. She uses all her strength to drown the Wakandans, yet cannot seem to vanquish the Midnight Angels.

The Royal Talon fighter then begins chasing K'uk'ulkan, forcing him to fly up and up and up into the clouds. He may be fast, but Iron Heart is faster. She catches up with Namor in the skies and uses a blast that sends him straight for the Talon fighter, which flies off to the shore where the Princess soon joins him.

 She catches up with Namor in the skies and uses a blast that sends him straight for the Talon fighter, which flies off to the shore where the Princess soon joins him

Angel loses sight of her husband in the heat of the battle, and only becomes conscious of it once he's overheating inside the fighter jet.

The Wakandans are just about to retreat. They call back their forces and prepare for home... but the Talokanil don't give up. They swim with the whales, carrying a giant net full of water bombs that explode under the belly of the ship, causing it to go lopsided and the Wakandans to fall to their deaths.

Angel gasps in horror. Her hand covers her mouth as her eyes go wide in shock. Her heart palpates and her mind takes her all the way back to a little over a century ago, in which she sank a ship because of her own anger... and now her husband has sunk a ship because of his.

The Royal Talon fighter explodes over the desert, sending them both tumbling into the sand, but neither wavers, for both, are fueled by their anger. Shuri's claws attack mercilessly and without hesitation. Namor uses whatever energy he has left to defend himself and fight. He may have his anger with the surface world, but it's no match for Shuri's rage. Shuri is blinded by it. She scratches his skin and rips the wings from his ankles.

They both land what should be fatal blows. Namor desperately crawls towards the sea with his back full of burns as Shuri stands with her stomach impaled, yet as the Princess remembers the words of her brother, his memory, and his legacy, as well as the similarities between their two worlds, she decides to go down a different path.

" Yield, and Wakanda will protect your oceans, we will protect your secrets. Yield, and your people will live. Your wife will live. Vengeance has consumed us. We cannot let it consume our people."

And with her words, Namor is shown memories of his mother, and has no other choice.

" Cedo( I yield )"

The two warriors return to the battle together and signal to their people that the fight is over, and that there is a wave of peace between Talokan and Wakanda. But as Namor returns to the sea, and his wife sees his condition, tears well up in her eyes, though he begs her not to release them.

Namor and Angel soon return to their home under the sea, where the King paints on his walls inside their cavern. His wife tends to his wounds, applying ointment on his back and wrapping up his ankles, so that he may heal, but as she does, the rage bubbles up inside. It festers and it grows. The fact that she considered peace is laughable in this moment. The fact that she felt empathy is pathetic, for all she can think of is vengeance.

" Wáaj ba'ax a preocupa, pixamech áanteni' ( What troubles you, my angel? )" Namor softly asks.                           

" Wakanda," Angel replies, " Táan t'ona'an. Tin wilaj ba'ax ti' mentej u cheemo' ka táan t'ona'an. Teene' xan consideraba le Jets' óolal... Ba'ale' u biin jach náach. Teech u lastimado, in wíichan in k'uj' túun ku'uk' ulkan( I was weak. I saw what we did to their ship and I was weak. I, too, considered peace... but they have gone too far. They have hurt you, my husband, my K'uk'ulkan )"

" Le Pantera x-boox alguna ka'atéen yanchaji' razones utia'al in. Ba'axten ka woksaj óotik wáaj leti'e' ma' tu betaj. Le Pantera x-boox leti' le máak asab poderosa ti' tu láakal Mexico asab poderosa way. Ba'ale' mina'an ti' leti' jump'éel ( The Black Panther had ever reason to kill me. Why do you think she didn't go through with it? The Black Panther is the most powerful person in the most powerful nation on the surface. But she has no allies. Now she has sympathy for the people of Talokan. With this alliance, Talokan will be stronger than ever. The surface world will come for Wakanda and Wakanda will turn to us. Trust me. )"

Namor gives his wife a gentle kiss on the lips. His eyes have a sense of calm to them, while hers light up with fire. She accepts that Talokan is his home and his to command, but cannot ignore the tightness in her chest, one that tells her to finish the job, and one that is only amplified when she returns to the sea to converse with Namora and Attuma.

" Ba'ax tu ya'alaj ( What did he say? )" Namora asks.

" Ka k alianza yéetel Wakanda fortalecerá u Talokan ( That our alliance with Wakanda will make Talokan stronger )" The Queen responds, " Chéen ba'ale' ma' tu yaan u mentik ( But it won't )"

" Ba'axten ka wa'alik lelo', in Reina. ( Why do you say that, my Queen? )" Attuma questions.

" Tuméen le máako'obo' le superficie Chéen ku tuukulo'ob yo'osal yan meyajo'ob. Ma' importa ti' leti'ob ba'ax ti' leti'ob Máanene'ex le yaano'ob, siempre yéetel ken kuxkinko'obi' ma'alob. In wíichan u oksaj óoltik wa u Wakanda recurrirá To'one' kaxt áantaj... Ba'ale' in woojel ba'ax ( Because surface people only ever care about themselves. They do not care what happens to others, so long as they are okay. My husband believes that Wakanda will turn to us for help... but I know they will turn on us to save themselves. That is what they do... and we cannot allow Wakanda to bring about the downfall of Talokan... so Talokan must bring about the downfall of Wakanda... and drown it with the rest of the world. )"

꧁•⊹٭𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚄𝙴𝙳٭⊹•꧂