ᏋᏝᏋᏉᏋᏁ

The Queen of Talokan is loved by most, if not all, of its people. Her kind heart and gentle spirit provide such a warmth to the underwater city. The people feel her love is true, as they do with their K'uk'ulkan.

Though she is yet to prove herself in battle.

Namor has always kept her safe within the parameters of the city, and has never taken her on a mission. He has never and will never put her in harm's way, but he must admit... she has great power. Her ability to manipulate the water and a voice that will bring people to their deaths is such an endowment. Her skill as a swimmer, able to traverse miles within the blink of an eye, all make her a valuable asset.

Too valuable, perhaps.

From their mission, Attuma and Namora bring with them the scientist who created the vibranium detector, but also the Princess of Wakanda. Two women lay in the underwater cavern, in a world they are yet to see. They are in a foreign land, and as such require a gentle touch.

Angel wishes to be there to show that Talokan means no harm to them, but Namor insists that Attuma shadows her.

" Asustará le chicas ( He will scare the girls )" Angel interjects, " I will be okay. I promise."

Namor agrees. Giving her a nod, then a gentle kiss a top her head.

From the water to the land Angel goes. Her scaley tail disappears like magic, leaving all but her legs in their wake. A kind servant lays a dress out for the Queen, of which she is ever so graceful. Angel dresses before she steps deeper into the cavern, where she hears the young scientist freaking out as the Princess attempts to calm her down.

" Just calm down."

" Is there like a new Black Panther that you can call to come get us."

" No."

" Why not?"

" Because it doesn't work like that anymore. The Black Panther is gone."

" So y'all stop having Black Panthers when I get kidnapped?"

Angel finds the bickering amusing but keeps her movements soft and gentle as she approaches the girls, who instantly tense up at her presence.

" Hello," The Queen greets, " My name is Angel."

" Why ain't she blue?" The young scientist whispers to the princess.

" Because I am not a Talokan native," Angel responds, " I am of both the surface world above and the sea below. I am what you may call... a mermaid."

" A mermaid?" The Princess asks.

" Mermaid?" The scientist repeats, " As in the Little Mermaid?"

The Queen softly chuckles, even though she does not understand the reference.

" I apologize if Attuma scared you," Angel continues, " My husband thought it wise to send one of our best to retrieve such a valuable asset."

" You are Namor's wife?" The Princess asks.

" I am," The Queen nods, " And you are."

" Shuri."

" Very nice to meet you, Shuri."