ᏋᎥᎶᏂᏖ

Angel's world reappears just as quickly as it disappeared. In her mind, only seconds have passed, but her eyes seem to deceive her, because everything around her begins to change, as if to show the passage of time.

But then... she saw him.

Namor is standing in front of her, looking as regal and powerful as ever, but there's something different about him. There's a softness in his eyes that she has never seen before. He approaches her slowly as if he couldn't quite believe that she is real.

" Angel?"

" Namor?"

The King gets even closer, to the point where their chests are almost touching. Her tail sways back and forth as he kicks his feet. For a moment, they just stand there, looking at each other. And then Namor takes her in his arms, holding her tight. It feels like coming home.

" Tin tukultaj ts'o'ok u sa'atal ( I thought I lost you )" He admits as his voice slightly cracks.

The mermaid's eyes tear up at the sound of his voice, though she appreciates his words, she's terribly confused. She doesn't know that five years have passed.

" Wayanene'" Angel whispers, then repeats herself in the language he has taught her, " I'm here."

They pull away from each other, and Namor takes her face in his hands, studying her as if he is trying to memorize every inch of her. He sees all that has been lost to him for many years. Her plump lips and round cheeks. Her dark brows and flowy lashes. Her tanned skin and thick hair. Her broad shoulders and muscular arms. Her wide ribcage and ample hips. And then he says the words she has been longing to hear.

" In yaakunec."

And when translated into English, they become three magic words.

I love you.

Angel's heart swells with glee, as she throws her arms around Namor's neck and holds him tight. Her warm skin grows goosebumps as it collides with his. She feels fuzzy all over her body as if her soul is being hugged, as well.

" In yaakunec."

She repeats his words, and it brings Namor a sense of joy he hasn't felt since she disappeared

She repeats his words, and it brings Namor a sense of joy he hasn't felt since she disappeared. It warms his broken heart like nothing else could, and it proves that he can truly love... and he can be loved as well. And for a long time, they just hold each other, reveling in the joy of being reunited after so long. The world around them seems to fade away, leaving only the two of them, lost in each other's embrace.

Yet there is still the truth that has not been revealed, and so Namor guides his angel to a private chamber, where they sit together on the edge of the water inside of a cavern of the depths, filled with salt and a faint blue glow.

" Angel... do you know how long you were gone?" Namor asks, to which she shakes her head, " Five years," her eyes widen, " You were a victim of the Blip. There was this Mad Titan who took the lives of half the universe, and with him he took many of my people. He took you."