12 ┊: Caught

Y/N P.O.V

At night I asked my Dad to let me have a sleepover at the Gryffindor common room, but in reality we snuck out of the castle at night with our cloaks on and ran to Hagrid's. Harry knocked on the door, "Hagrid" Harry said and Hagrid opened the door "Oh, Hello, sorry, don't wish to be rude but I'm in no fit state to entertain today" Hagrid said as he began to close the door again "We know about the sorcerer's stone" All Four of us yelled.

Hagrid had closed the door but then opened it again once he had heard what we had said, "Oh" Hagrid said and he let us inside, I saw he was wearing an apron and mittens, Hermione sat down on a huge armchair and took off her cloak putting it underneath her, Me, Harry and Ron sat  on a huge bench closer to the chimney and put our cloaks underneath us, next to Ron was Hagrid's dog. "We think Snape's trying to steal it" Harry said "Snape, Blimey, you're not still on about him, are you" Hagrid said "Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone, we just don't know why" Harry said "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone, he's not about to steal it" Hagrid said, we all looked puzzled now, "What" Harry asked "You heard, right, come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today" Hagrid said as he motioned for us to get up with his arms.

"Wait a minute, one of the teachers" Harry asked "Of course, there are other things defending the stone, aren't there, Spells, enchantments"  Hermione said "That's right" Hagrid said, Hermione's face turned into a bit of disgust, I looked at what she was seeing and saw the dog was sniffing Ron, "Waste of bloody time, if you ask me, ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy, ain't a soul knows how, except for me and Dumbledore"Hagrid said and then he processed what he had just said "I shouldn't have told you that, I should not have told you that" Hagrid said.

We began to hear noise from the chimney, we looked and saw a bucket over the fire that was shaking and rattling, Hagrid also looked and pulled out an egg from the bucket with his mittens, Hagrid made noises that signaled he could still feel the burn from it. We all got up and went around the table, as he placed the egg down in the middle of the table, "Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that" Harry asked "That, it's, Uh, Uh" Ron cut Hagrid off "I know what that is, but Hagrid, how did you get one" Ron asked "I won it, off a stranger I met down at the pub, seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact" Hagrid.

The egg began to shake and I began to get nervous, then the egg exploded and the egg shell went everywhere, a wing sprouted out and then another and I saw that it was a baby dragon, it had a bunch of goo, the dragon moved around and it slipped a bit and made a cute noise. "Is that...a dragon" Hermione said "That's not just a dragon, that's a Norwegian Ridgeback, my brother Charlie works with these in Romania" Ron said.

"Isn't he beautiful, Oh, Bless him, look, he knows his mummy" Hagrid said as the dragon turned to him, Hagrid scratched the side of the dragons neck and chuckled, "Hello, Norbert" Hagrid said "Norbert" I asked "Yeah, well, he's gotta have a name, don't he" Hagrid said, Ron smiled and looked away trying not to laugh, "Don't you, Norbert" Hagrid said and moved the dragons head up and down, it burped out fire which went onto Hagrid's beard, Hagrid patted it out as he made panicked noises. "He'll have to be trained up a bit, of course" Hagrid said, the baby dragon spit out a spark, "Who's that" Hagrid said as he looked above Harry and Ron, we looked and saw a blond headed boy through the stained glass, once he saw we spotted him he ran off, "Malfoy" Harry said "Oh, dear" Hagrid said worriedly.

We got our stuff and made it back to the castle, we were walking down a corridor, an owl that was perched hooted, "Hagrid always wanted a dragon, he told me so the first time I ever met him" Harry said "It's crazy, and worse, Malfoy knows" Ron said "I don't understand, is that bad" Harry asked "It's bad" Ron said and in that instant Professor Mcgonagall stepped in front of our path with a lit candle and in her pajamas, she had a stern look on her face, "Good evening" Mcgonagall said, then Malfoy walked right next to her and smiled.

She let us inside a candlelit classroom, "Snitch" I mumbled under my breath, "Nothing, I repeat, nothing, gives a student the right to walk about the school at night, therefore as punishment for your actions, fifty points will be taken" Mcgonagall said, the trio of Gryffindors mouths fell open, "Fifty" Harry said, "Each...And for, Mr. Y/L/N, we will notify your father on your behavior" She said, my mouth also fell open, "And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention" She said, "Excuse me, Professor, perhaps I heard you wrong, I thought you said the five of us" Malfoy said stepping up from where he was standing "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy, you see honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours, you will join your classmates in dentition"Mcgonagall said.

Malfoy looked over at us, all four of us smiled at this consequence. They made them change into their normal robes and me into my normal clothes, of course Professor Mcgonagall walked me back to the room and she told Dad everything, he scolded me and told me to be careful during detention.

Filch met the five of us at the gate located on the side of the castle, "A pity they let the old punishments die, there was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons, god I miss the screaming" Filch said as we walked, I looked at him and he looked like he was daydreaming while telling us all of this, he had a lamp and led us down to Hagrid's hut, Hagrid came out also with a lamp.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight" Filch said, Me, Hermione, Ron and Harry looked at each other, "He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest...a sorry lot, this, Hagrid" Filch said, there was a small fire and Hagrid went around it, "Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you" Filch said, Hagrid grabbed a crossbow, "Norbert's gone... Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony" Hagrid said "Well, that's good, isn't it, he'll be with his own kind" Hermione said "Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania, what if the other dragons are mean to him, he's only a baby, after all" Hagrid said he sounded like he was about to cry, Filch rolled his eyes, "Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man, you're going into the Forest, after all, got to have you wits about you" Filch said "The forest, I thought that was a joke, we can't go in there" Malfoy said, Filch slowly turned to look at him, "Students aren't allowed, and there are" Malfoy was cut off my a howl "Werewolves" Malfoy said.

"Ah, there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad, you can be sure of that" Filch said, Malfoy's face flooded with fear, "Nighty-night" Filch said and walked away, "Right, let's go" Hagrid said.