2. 29┊: Duel

Y/N P.O.V

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration, now, I don't want any of you youngesters to worry, you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear" Lockhart said, he winked, Snape began to walk towards him, he had on fully black robs. Lockhart pulled his wand out, Snape already had his out.

They walked up to each other, face to face, they each lifted their wands to the sides of their faces, and then they pointed them down and gave a small bow. They then turned around to have their backs faced to one another, they both began to walk. Once they both reached a reasonable distance they turned around and lifted their wands up, "One... Two... Three" Lockhart called out, "Expelliarmus" Snape called out once he heard Lockhart get to three, a blast was sent out of his wand directly towards Lockhart which threw him back.

Some girls gasped while most of the boys laughed, "Do you think he's all right" Hermione asked worried, "Who cares" Ron said, Lockhart got back up and began to walk to Snape, "An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious, Uh, what you were about to do, and if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy" Lockhart said.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor" Snape said, he gave him a very fake smile, "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape" Lockhart said and turned around, "Let's have a volunteer pair, Potter, Weasley, how about you" Lockhart said setting his eyes on us. Ron smiled as Harry was already walking to get onto the stage, "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells, we'll be sending Potter to the
hospital wing in a matchbox" Snape said.

"Might I suggest someone from my own house" Snape said, Lockhart looked at him, Snape shrugged, "Malfoy, perhaps" Snape said and without hearing an answer turned around and called Malfoy to the platform, Malfoy got on and Snape walked towards him.

Lockhart walked over to Harry who also began to walk, "Good Luck, Potter" Harry said "Thank you, sir" Harry said, Draco also began to walk towards him, they both stropped when they reach each other, "Wands at the ready" Lockhart announced, Malfoy and Harry both raised up their wands to their faces.

"Scared, Potter" Malfoy asked Harry, "You wish"Harry replied, they both pointed their wands down and turned around to have them backs to one another and began to walk away from each other, we looked nervously at Harry. Then they both turned back around and pointed there wands at each other, "On the count of three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent, only to disarm" Lockhart said, he raised his own wand for emphasis, "We don't want any accidents here" Lockhart said, Hermione, Ron and I looked at each other.

"One...Two-" Lockhart was interrupted by Malfoy who didn't wait for three, "Everte Statum" Malfoy called out, a blast shot out of his wand throwing and flipping Harry threw the air, Ron gave a small gasp, I covered my mouth, some of the Slytherins laughed, I saw that Snape gave a small smile at the feat. But Harry got back up and pointed his wand again, "Rictusempra" Harry called out, a huge blast shot out of his wand sending Malfoy flying threw the air, he then landed on his butt in front of Snape.

Snape grabbed him by his robe collar and lifted him back up, Malfoy lifted his right hand over his head and pointed his wand back at Harry, who already had his wand pointed at Malfoy. "I said disarm only" Lockhart said, "Serpensortia" Malfoy called out and he pointed at the floor as a snake flew out of his wand.

It slithered around as it started its way to Harry, Harry pointed his wand down and backed up a little, "Don't move, Potter, I'll get rid of it for you" Snape said as he began to walk towards the reptile, "Allow me, Professor Snape" Lockhart said, he pointed his wand at the snake and walked up to it, "Alarte Ascendare" Lockhart called out and the snake shot up and then hit the platform back down.

The snake lifted its neck up and looked around, it looked like it was now fully aware of all of us around it, we all backed up, then Harry went up to it "H-Seth-she" he said, the snake turned around and began to go up to a Hufflepuff boy, it was almost in his face and was hissing. "Sya-Seth-she" he said "Sya-Seth-she" Harry said, the snake turned around and looked at Harry as if waiting for a command. "Vipera Evanesca" Snape casted and the snake burned away and disappeared, I was shocked.

"What are you playing at" The Hufflepuff boy said, Harry looked at his with a confused expression, then he looked back at Lockhart and then at Snape who also looked just as confused.