2. 19 ┊: The Letter

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up, the light floated in from the window as I sat up and stretched. I got up and got dressed in pajamas and put on my sandals, and then made my way downstairs, I smelt pancakes and bacon, I walked into the kitchen.

Dad had an apron on and was flipping a pancake, he already had a stack going on a plate on the table, "Good Morning" Dad said as he noticed me sit down, "Good Morning" I said as I served myself a pancake. "So what was you're business with, Dumbledore" I asked, "Oh, nothing, don't worry about it" Dad said, "Okay" I said as I took a bite out of a pancake, "This tastes great" I spoke with a mouthful.

"Well, I expect so, I made it" Dad said with a cheeky grin on his face, "Ha-Ha" I said in a mocking tone. "Have you checked the mail" Dad asked "No, I've just woken up, that's my excuse" I said, "Ohhh, well, I would want to check it" Dad said, "Okay, I'll go" I said. I stood up and walked outside to the mail box, I opened the miniature door and pulled out the stack of mail that had been collecting this whole week.

Me and Dad hadn't been at home as frequently since he was busy in the Ministry, so I would go help a school that wasn't that far from the house as an assistant. I insisted against it but Dad persisted and I went, weirdly enough, they didn't question if I was a student or anything but just wanted the help.

I started my walk back to door, it was sunny outside and the clouds looked nice, our neighbor was mowing the lawn. I started to go through the cards, I stopped in my tracks, there was a old looking letter:

Mr. Y/N. Y/L/N.
Upstairs room
30 High Street
London.
9944

I gasped as I realized what it was, I looked behind it and saw the Hogwarts crest as a red stamp closing the envelope down. I ran inside and slammed the door behind me, Wow, what's up Dad asked as I stormed into the kitchen "Look, Look, Look" I exclaimed as I waved the letter around and threw the rest of the mail on the table "Oh, my god, Congratulations, Y/N" Dad said as he set the spatula down and gave me a hug.

"I'm so proud, you make me so proud, Son" Dad said "Thank you" I said as we let go, "Go on, Open it" Dad said and I gave a nod. The letter read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY HEADMASTER: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY HEADMASTER: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Y/N Y/L/N,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students will be required to report to the Chamber of Reception upon arrival. Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.
To avoid detection by Muggles, please use the entrance located at Kings Cross Station Downtown London, on platform 9 and 3/4. We look forward to receiving you as part of the new generation of Hogwarts heritage.

Yours Sincerely,
(Minerva Mcgonagall)
Deputy Headmistress

"Congratulations" Dad said as he gave me another hug, I then pulled out the letter of materials:

Uniform
First-year students will require:
Three sets of plain work robes (black).
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear.
One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar).
One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings).
Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags

Course books
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1), Miranda Goshawk.
A History of Magic, Bathilda Bagshot.
Magical Theory, Adalbert Wafting.
A Beginer's Guide to Transfiguration, Emeric Ewitch.
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, Phyllida Spore.
Magical Drafts and Potions, Arsenius Jigger.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Newt Scamander.
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection, Quentin Trimble.

Other equipment
1 wand.
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2).
1 set glass or crystal phials.
1 telescope.
1 set brass scales.
Students may also bring an owl or a cat or a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK.

"I guess we better go shopping" Dad said "Yeah, I'll get ready and then we can-" Dad cut me off "Right after we're done with breakfast" Dad said "Oh, yeah, right, I forgot" I said, I set the letter down and sat down, "Where's the rest of the mail" He asked, "Oh its right there" I said and pointed it at "Let me guess, bills after bills" Dad said as he sighed "Bill after Bill" I said as I took a bite out of my coldish pancake, Dad chuckled, "So, funny" Dad said and he flipped a the pancake up and it stuck to the roof, and I laughed "Where's my wand" Dad said as he laughed and looked around.