chapter 6- what broken ankle?

Hi,
So....its been a while. Life has been pretty hectic this last month but I'm finally back. I hope your all enjoying this book, it's going to get abit more exciting in two or three chapters time. Maybe joe and dianne will meet unexpectedly? Maybe not? Maybe it's something different? Maybe they will resolve things? They might not? This story definitely has alot of good twists and turns coming up do keep an eye out for my hopefully more regular uploads x

7:04am
Zoe: joe, I've called you like 20 times since yesterday pick up

7:23am
Zoe: joe where are you, what are you doing???????

7:46am
Zoe:joseph Graham sugg, answer you phone.

8:02am
Zoe: Jozzzzzzzeeeephhhh. Your normally up by now, what are you doing?

Joe finally woke at around half past eight to a flood of messages from his sister which was when he realised he hadn't told her yet.
He wondered if she knew and if that's why she was trying to get hold of him, or if she just wanted something else that was completely irrelevant.
Deciding to just calm zoe, he called her still half asleep.

"Oh my god finally joe, what the hell have you been doing? Morning sex or something?"
Zoe said sarcastically, making a joke with her brother. They hadn't talked for a few days, it was unusual for them so zoe obviously didn't know that her silly little joke would hit joe as much as it would.

"Zoe that's not funny"
He said quite sternly, knowing that if she was aware of the situation she wouldn't of said something so insensitive.

"Woah joe, sorry. I just didn't want to think that's what you were doing and instead hoping that you were helping dianne with her leg"
She said.

"Her leg?"
He questioned. He hadn't spoken to dianne since their conversation two days ago and now zoe was questioning him about her curious about something that had happened, he was freaking out thinking she had hurt herself.

"Yeah joe have you not spoken to your girlfriend of 5 years? I would think you have, your practically glued at the hip"
She told him.

"Zoe, shes in london and theres erm....just abit of a situation so I havent spoken to her in a few days"
Joe knew she wasn't in london. She had been staying at the house which she normally didn't do during strictly but joe knew she was stepping down from it. He just didnt know when or what excuse would be given to the media which was why he was so confused and jumped to the conclusion that she had hurt herself. She thought she had broken their promise of reaching out for help when and if they needed to which was why he was so panicked.

"So you dont know about her broken ankle?"
Zoe asked. Now it made more sense but joe still hadn't clocked that it was the excuse she had given in order to pull out of strictly. And zoe didn't know that either...she didnt even know that they had broken up.

"What broken ankle?"

"Joe, you're seriously telling me you dont know about this"
Joe was wondering if maybe dianne had reached out to zoe and thats how she knew but he was confused as to why she would go to his family rather than her own. He knew dianne and zoe had a close relationship but with the circumstances it seemed neither of them wanted nothing to do with eachothers families. It was just another reminder of what had happened.