chapter 17- every problem can be solved

The car stopped in the carpark so unfamiliar to joe and dianne. He parked whilst she let her nerves slowly come over her, her leg beginning to bounce up and down and her hands becoming sweaty as she finally realised that this day could be the start of their future.

As they had been told, they had been given an appointment with a couples therapist and today was the day of their first session. It had been a week since they found out they were having a baby and after a few calls with their assigned midwife laura, they were certain that therapy would be the route they go down. It would be for them, done in order to make the life of their child better. Of course they wanted their relationship to be better but what was more important to them was that their child saw that. They didn't want them to grow up with parents who weren't in love.
She was roughly just a little less than a month along, and they knew the earlier this happened, the earlier they would be happy together again. And of course there were moments where they were happy, but there were also big arguments which they never wanted their child to witness. It needed to be stopped for the sake of their relationship and also the family they were about to have together.

"Are you ok?"
Joe asked stopping the car, turning to her before they got out and did this.
The past week had been good. It was still early days and dianne was yet to experience all the weird and wonderful symptoms. Of course she had her first few cravings and aches around her body and now her missed period but nothing major had really kicked in. Clingyness was something she seemed to be experiencing though. She hadn't wanted joe to leave her side for the whole week and that had brought them much closer. Despite all the little bickering, they had been alot happier but this was just a high. There were sure to be lows soon.

"Yeah, just nervous"

"We'll be ok. I'm nervous too but dot this will help us, I promise"
He told her.

"I know but i just never imagined us having to ever need couples therpay. We were so perfect and I'm almost angry that we've got to this. I'm angry at us for not being perfect"
She said.
They had been perfect. They had been everything both of them had always dreamed of and wanted. Love.
That was them. They were love. They loved eachother and loved the love that they had for one another and now that was all gone. There were parts of them that hated parts of the other now and before it was never like that.

"I know but dot nobodys perfect. We weren't before this all. You know we were in love but we were distant which if you think about it, probably played a part in what I said that night to you"
He told her.
She thought for a moment.
He was right. They weren't perfect before this. Nobody was. It seemed perfect since they were in love but she was away so much. They had no time to love eachother.

"I suppose so"

"You dont need to worry dot. We can do this, get through it. We've got eachother. And I'm sure this first session will just be alot of explaining"
He told her.

Looking over to him, she didn't know what to say. She loved how he cared so much despite how she had treated him. She knew she needed to feel like that more. There was still a part of her that resented him and she felt bad for feeling that way because he cared so much. She thought by now he had realised what he had done and was trying to make up for it. She was similar, she knew she had done wrong but she didn't know how to accept that. She didn't know how to say sorry.

"Thank you"
She smiled.

"Its ok. I'm always here for you, you know that, no matter what"

"I know..."
She felt sad how she couldn't trust him fully. She wanted to love him but she couldn't.

"Come on"
He tapped the exposed skin from her ripped jeans before getting out the car. She followed and was met by his hand joining hers. She knew he was falling for her again and that scared her. Maybe it was the baby? Seeing her carry his child made him love her so much quicker. But she knew it was too early to love and she didnt want to rush this.