chapter 26- honesty is the best policy

This is a shorter chapter. One which I'm not really a fan of, it's mainly a filler chapter but we will be back to all the drama and rollercoasters in the next chapter.

Placing his arm around dianne, joe and dianne sat together infront of a recording camera ready to film the most important video of their lives.
A video that alot of discussions had gone onto, alot of the previous evening having been filled with conversations about how much they wanted to share. It wasn't an easy discussion deciding on how much they should tell, nobody apart from their family and friends knew about their breakup. It was never something that made it into the media as it was something that they actually found easy to cover up. With her going to Australia alone for Christmas, it seemed normal to the outside world. She had gone alone the previous year, it wasn't out the ordinary. And then they had been back together from when she had got back. They had definitely been much more quiet on social media, but with the odd Instagram story with the other in the background every now and then not many people had suspected that such a thing could be going on, but it was and they wanted to be honest about it.

"Are you ok? We don't have to do this today if you dont want to"
He asked her.

"No I'm sure"
They had decided that to announce their pregnancy to the world they would post two different pictures on Instagram. One on her account, a picture of their 10 week ultrasound resting just above the slight curvature of her bloated stomach, Joe's hand delicately placed on the side of her abdomen. She didn't have a bump yet, she was infact still owning much of her natural figure but there were days where she looked more pregnant than others.
Joe had gone for a similar concept but a video. One he had secretly took without her knowing, of her layed on a hospital bed the shot moving from her with tears in her eyes across to the screen with a moving image of their baby, their hands with fingers intertwined at one point coming into shot.
They then had decided to film a video for their youtube channels which would elaborate on the simple captions of their Instagram posts 'baby sugg' followed by a simple red and purple heart emoji, something they used to post in the early days of their relationship as a secret message to the other. It was something they did even when they weren't posting about eachother. A red and purple heart next to eachother, even at the end of something which had no involvement with the other let them know that their other half was thinking about them.

"Well, this is going to be...."
He began looking at the camera.

"Different"
She finshed for him.

"Yep, different"

Despite nobody knowing about the struggles they had recently been going through, they had decided that they wanted to say something. They didn't want to mention the breakup, deciding it was something that should be kept between them and the people they knew best. However they did want to touch slightly on the fact that they weren't in the best of places.

"Ok, so, oh god....how do you even start something like this?"
He said looking towards her.

"I dont know, it's tough, isn't it? Maybe a hello would be good though"
She light heartedly joked to eventually get somewhere with what they were trying to say.

"Yeah, hello guys"

"Hello"
She joined him, allowing him to take the driving seat for this one but still wanting to be involved.

"This is a very different video but myself and dianne thought we should come on here and talk to you guys about something pretty big thats happening in our lives at the moment"
He began. He didn't want it to be a serious video but knowing they were going to tell the whole world that they weren't happy in their relationship, it was hard to not making himself look disappointed.