chapter 30- all those special feelings all over again

Things had changed.

It wasn't love just yet but since their conversation two days before, Joe and dianne had been enjoying their little break away.

Their conversation had definitely been a shift. Of course it hadn't switched straight away and it still wasnt perfect but it was slowly making improvements. They were alot closer, holding hands alot more often, even when they were just sat together and when they were asleep. They wouldn't go to sleep without a cuddle and didn't want to leave the others side. It was what she had always wanted. When they had first got back together, they had been awkward and she longed to be like this again. This was what they were like before and it was what she wanted back. For joe it was his opportunity to build back their trust and he did this through deep conversations. They had spoken alot about the future, in particular their hopes for 6 months time when their little raspberry arrived. Alot of their conversation had been about how they would bring them up. They had very different childhoods and with them both obviously living in the UK, their child would grow up differently to dianne. She had spent her time by the beach, surrounded by her brothers and her parents. She had gone to mant dance lessons and visited her italian family for big dinner parties. Her family were loud and entertaining She loved them though, however it was very different to joe. He had spent his childhood in a little village, creating his own fun and had divorced parents. It was something he didn't want their child to go through. Even though he was older when his parents separated, it still impacted him and he wondered how much harder it would be if he was younger, or if his parents were never together in the first place. That's how him and dianne would end up if they hadn't been having the chats they had been. Separated. Before their baby was born. He didn't want that. Neither did she.

But despite all the deep and difficult chats they were having, they couldn't not enjoy themselves. With all the spa treatments and lovely restraunts around them, they were spending alot of quality time together which was what they needed. It took them back to the first time they were here. Their relationship was very new, love was a recent development and they were figuring out what they were. It was a nice trip, especially as Dianne could get to know zoe and alfie but there was a constant dark cloud over them. It was a what if? She was due to go to Australia in just a few days time. It would be the only time the spent apart in 4 months. They would miss eachother. What if it dragged them apart? The were the exact same this time round. They loved their little baby, it was a growing life, it was half of each of them but would it eventually drag them apart?
Once again it was that dark cloud, a giant question mark, but it was becoming brighter.

"I'm sorry I scared you"
She grabbed his hand back, holding it tightly in hers before he pulled her closer, resting her head underneath his chin.

"Its ok, but you shouldn't do that. You've got a little baby in your belly that needs protecting, it probably felt like it was on a rollercoaster"
She played this trick everytime. On the way to and from the beach there was a stream that could of been no deeper than 2 feet deep. It was shallow but definitely fast flowing and everytime she was there she liked to joke around by jumping in. This time she had struggled to lower herself, her growing bump getting in the way as she tried to get herself back up which joe had to help her with.

"I know. It's your little baby in there"
She placed her hand on her stomach. It was much more curved now as she came up to the 4th month. Now her next milestone would be 20 weeks. Half way there. They could finally find out the sex of raspberry. But for now she was only 16 weeks and their little one was still very vulnerable.

"Yes but that was scary dot, I know you like to prank me like that but I was worried for them. I dont want them to be hurt"
Even though this wasnt planned it was now hard to imagine what life would be like if this hadn't happened. Where would they be?