chapter 37- room renovations

"Amazing, thank you very much, have a nice day"
Joe smiled to the delivery driver as he strolled back to his lorry, leaving a very long couple of cardboard boxes in the hallway for joe to carry up to the stairs by himself. There was no way he was letting dianne do it. Definitely not in her 29 week pregnant state or at all whilst pregnant at any stage.
Deciding to start with the lightest box he carried it up the stairs, coming back for the next two, those ones being a little bit more of a struggle.
The noise, from clear moments of struggle trying to get heavy boxes up the stairs, woke dianne who had been definitely getting her perfect night of sleep. Stirring, she got out of bed and strolled along the hallway being met by the boxes that joe was moving into the empty room at the top of the stairs.

"Hey..."
She spoke quietly, rubbing her eyes, making herself known.

"Morning, you missed the big delivery"
He pointed to the boxes, he had just brought through to the room which she then followed him into.

"I can see, but anyway...they're for raspberry"
She rubbed her bump before coming over to him, reating againts his chest as he hugged her.

"I know"
He stroked her back, being fully prepared to build everything in the boxes today. He had put the whole day aside to sort them all out and dianne...well, dianne would watch probably in hysterics as he dealt with a flat pack wardrobe, drawers and a cot.

"Did you sleep ok?"
He asked softly after kissing her good morning, his hand coming to rest on her hip.

"Perfect. I'm lapping it up now so I'll hopefully be ok when she gets here and were up at ridiculous hours"

"I'm sure it will be fun. I'm going to get this all done today. This room should be ready by bedtime"
This was definitely an all day job. The room across from theirs was going to be rasberrys room and today they were decorating it. For the first 6 months, dianne wanted her to stay with them. It was what she felt was safest and put her at ease but to have a room ready for her to move into when she was a few months older was what needed to be prepared now, not when they were busy with a newborn baby. It would also be a place for dianne to feed her and where she could nap aswell as 'play'.
Dianne had brought and planned alot of what was going into it. She wanted colour. But she also wanted it to look neat and so she had decided on something very boho but also neutral. Having ordered some dusky orange curtains which joe had already put up, they also had a chair of a matching colour in the corner of the room where dianne could sit to feed her. Now it just needed the furniture and a few finishing touches to the premade shelves that had been there when they had first moved in.

"Good. Thank you. I will come and join you, not that I'll be able to do much but I'll come and sit. I'm just going to get some breakfast first"
She told him.

"Ok, have fun"
He smiled as she left him be to figure out the first box, whilst she went and got her breakfast. Making her usual porridge with blueberries, her carb craving never really going away she returned a few minutes later and sat on the chair in the corner of the room, watching him whilst she ate.

The room was empty and even though it was soon to be filled, it always had been like this. White walls. Light oak wooden floor. Plain. Simple.

When they had moved in they had left it. They had got extremely lucky with the house they had and it was bigger than where they had previously lived. They both had an office and they got a gym which dianne was very happy about aswell as her own dressing room. They had a cinema room and a sauna. They had spent a good few months making it their own and making it...home. but there was one room upstairs that once they claimed their own bedroom and decided which one would be the guest bedroom, they left. It was this one.