CHAPTER 2

— DIANA'S POV —

"Mom, I thought you promised me we wouldn't be working with him anymore." I spit dispiritedly as Clarke sat across me, my dad looking at us with utter concentration.

"Diana, you are my daughter," my father says, looking at me with warning. "Act like it. If you want to be able to take over the throne as the new Donna of our mafia, I request that you start acting like a mature one." I scoff at his words.

"Oh, friendly reminder, dad, you know, I'm glad you're about to step down." I smile at him and then glance at Clarke.

"That way I'll totally be able to ban the fuck out of this asshat who calls himself a very strong ally of our mafia." I hear Clarke chuckle.

"Oh, but you won't be successful in that; me and your father have already signed a contract together; I will supply the weapons from now on," he smirked.

I will fucking kill him.

"They've created this new thing—well, not new, but it's called a paper shredder." I look over at him, ready to curse the fuck out of his annoying, petty fucking existence.

"I can't believe I loved him." I freeze at my words.

Fucking hell!

"Loved?" I hear Clarke ask as my parents examine me.

"Loved, past tense bastard, in case you forgot that little shity move you pulled on me when you tried to kill me," I pause and look at my dad.

"Tried to kill my fucking family, god dad, you're getting softer with age," I stand up and make my way out of the room.

This is complete bullshit.

It's in one month, Diana...

Once a month, when I finally become Donna, I will handle his ass like he deserves.

Pulling out a cigarette, I light it and take a breath of smoke.

"Thought I told you smoking isn't going to increase your life expectancy," Clark says,  as I gaze up at the sky.

"Clarke, stop being nosy; get the fuck away." I turn to look at him with a glare.

I'm now realizing I should not be wasting my time with this moron.

I look at him once more before turning around and heading for my car.

"How are your kids?" He asks as I look over at him.

"Don't act like you care," I spit, throwing my cigarette on the ground.

"Kids are innocent if proven otherwise." I open my car door and pause looking over at him.

Should I tell him?

My kids could be his karma. The way he's treated me, he should feel guilty.

I close my door and walk over to him.

His eyes follow my every move. I examine his face. He's handsome, yes, with beautiful features.

I'll give him that; my boy should grow up to have his features; let's hope for the best, not his attitude.

"Diana, how many times should I apologize for my wrongs?" He asks, leaning in closer to examine me deeper.

He's got enough time for that, plus he's lucky my baby girl has my features.

"Let's see, you betrayed me," I say, pausing and staring right into his eyes. "Not a little betrayal; you made me fall in love with you; I poured my deepest secrets to you; I let you have my virginity; I let you make me think I was your everything; you put my family in great danger; you nearly killed me." I pause again as his eyes look at me with no emotion.