CHAPTER 7

- DIANA'S POV -

We stand below the Eiffel Tower.

"Shall we go up?" Rico asks, and I nod my head.

I've already been here with Clarke.

Not impressive really.

I let him lead me towards the elevator.

- RICO'S POV -

I examine her as she stares down, the people below us look like ants.

"Impressive, you decided to rent out the whole place," she says, smirking at me.

She's unreachable when she wants to be.

I'll have to work harder to crack her.

"I like privacy and seeing a smile on your beautiful face," I respond, her smile growing wider.

I could have sworn I saw an eye roll.

"So Rico, tell me, beside architecture and other things, what exactly do you like?" She asks, leaning in closer, and I stare at her.

- DIANA'S POV -

It's easy for a man to sour my mood as easy as when they turn me on.

Rico seems very elegant and exciting to talk to. But he's starting to become predictable.

I could sense something mysterious about him.

So I keep him talking to maybe figure him out a bit.

"Any siblings? I have quite a lot of my own," I say, urging him to start talking.

He keeps a lot of eye contact, and his hands are firmly pressed against the table in front of me.

As he stops talking, I notice his small lip bite as he glances behind me for a moment.

Glancing at the windows, I see the reflection of two men, who are weirdly staring a bit too hard in our direction.

"I would love to know a bit more about your kids," he says, grabbing my attention once more.

He's becoming a bit more questionable as each second goes by.

Something's off.

"They are twins, my pride and joy," I shouldn't be revealing too much about my personal life, but honestly, he seems to know a little more about me than he lets on.

I can tell by the sparkle in his eyes.

Sitting up straighter, I smile at him.

"What about their father? Should I be fighting for your attention?" That's what got him made-the way he looks at me and the way he's a little too eager to know about it.

He's not truly who he says he is.

"Their father is in the picture, but you don't have to worry about him. He's married," I say, ignoring the men who seem to bore holes into my skull.

"That's very good to know," he says, leaning back. "Here's your food." The waiter seemed to have taken a long time to get the food out and ready.

I scan the food; it looks appetizing.

I grab a fork and take a bite of the steak.

After a few minutes, I excuse myself to the bathroom.

As soon as I enter the bathroom, I lock it and rush to the toilet. Sticking my finger in my throat, I force myself to puke.

Spitting out the last bit of stake I ingested.

I search in my purse for that little bottle.

'Reverse poison' Maria I fucking love you.

I drink the strong, cold liquid. Pulling my phone out, I send a text to my college friends.

'I'm alone; I need at least five men. '

Putting my phone back into my purse, I check myself in the mirror for a moment.

Walking out, I stop at the door. Rico stands in front of me with the same two men as before.

"Rico?" I question him as he looks at me up and down. "I-I came to check on you; you were taking a long time." I cut him off and gave him a small smile.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." I move past him, the murmurs behind me not going unnoticed.

They think they are better than me. They underestimated me.

"Are you ok?" I ask him; there are faint sweat drops on his forehead. He looks behind me for a moment and smiles at me.

"Yes, you just worried me." He lies, and I nod my head. "I'm fine now, no need to worry," I say, suddenly the elevator doors open, and my five men enter the room.

Firing their guns just like they were taught.

Pulling my gun out, I point it at Rico just before he could get his.

"You don't know who you just shot at" he says, lifting his hands up. "You underestimated me, Rico Hernandez," I tsked, enjoying his annoying facial expression.

Walking towards my saviors, I enter the elevator with them following closely behind men. "I won't kill you just yet. Once I find out who you are, I'll come back for you." I smirked, putting my gun away.

He runs towards me, but it's too late; the elevator doors close.

Turning to look at the men, I smile.

I wrap my arms around my huge teddy bear. "Julian, my big bear!" I squeal as he pulls away. His scowl is now replaced with a small smile. "Nice to see you again, blue," He says, smiling at his nickname.

He was one of the most trusted men of my father; he's just 6 years older than me.

When I came to college, he moved over here so he could keep an eye out for me. I was a handful, and God knows I was the only one to add excitement to his life.

"How's Olga?" I ask. Olga was my college roommate; she fell in love with a human-sized teddy bear because he'd always be so soft toward her, but not toward me.

She loved that about him, I guess.

"She's good, carrying our baby boy," He said, I smile at the news. "Congrats teddy!" I gush, holding his arm. He nods his head.

"Well, guys, thank you so much for helping me; I'll be back, Teddy Bear," I tell them, running out of the elevator and into the black SUV.

"Take care, blue!" He warns, shutting the door.

I drive towards the airport and call Elle.

"Look up a name for me, will you?" I ask. "Who?" Elle asks, "Rico Hernandez." I say, parking the car, leaving the keys under the tire, and making my way into the cold airport.

"I'll call you once I get his file." I hang up the phone and pay for a ticket.

It sure was a semi-memorable night.