CHAPTER 8

- CLARKE'S POV -

The sudden ringing of my phone interrupts my peaceful sleep.

I check the time: "This better be something good if your calling me at 3 am." I spit, annoyance surrounding me like a fucking cloud.

"Little Ms. Diana just got herself into some more deep shit; she shot at Ricardo and managed to escape him." I sit up straight. She did what?

Fuck.

"Where is she?" I ask, "Since she got the first plane back here, she should already be here," Dane says. I shake my head. "Any word on Ricardo? Or the data base?" I ask while standing and putting on a hoodie.

"Not yet, but I'm sure as soon as Ricardo gets back, they'll have a world-wide bounty on her." I groan, she has no idea what she has just done to herself and her family.

"She's at the family warehouse; go and try and see what exactly happened; Julian only said part." I hang up the phone and make my way downstairs.

"Lorena!" I yell, hoping not to wake the kids up.

" Yes, Mr. King?" Lorena stands in her night dress.

"Could you watch the kids for me? I have to head out," I ask her, and she nods her head and moves up the stairs towards the babies room.

"Go on, Mr. King; I'll take care of them," she ushers. I thank her and make my way to my car.

As soon as I arrive at the warehouse, I park the car and rush towards the building.

Running up the steps, I set my eyes on Diana, who's with the entire family.

"Clarke, what are you doing here?" Zayn asks, already noting his hatred for me.

He's a tough one to crack.

"I heard about the shooting in Paris, Diana; you have no idea what you just got yourself into." I step closer.

"What are you talking about?" Anastasia asks, stepping closer.

"She didn't shoot at any rival mafia don or gangster." I pause and look at Diana. "Son of a bitch!" Diana stands, throwing the file she had in her hand on the table.

"Ricardo Villamontes," she says, "the head of the FBI." I finish, and everyone stands frozen to their spot. "Diana, fucking tell me you did not shoot at a fucking federal agent!" Alec steps closer, looking at diana.

Diana paces back and forth.

"How was I supposed to fucking know he was an agent? Fucking hell, he was good at disguising his intentions until he got too sloppy at dinner. I did a background check on him, and it came back clean," she says, looking at me.

"How do you fucking know who he is?" She asks me; everyone is now looking at me.

"He was the son of a maid when I was younger; he was my childhood best friend, and I didn't know he had become an FBI agent until we both went off to college," I reveal.

"I'm sure there's someone working with them on the inside; it's impossible how they got wind of our underground business," I say, grabbing my phone and dialing Dane's number.

"Yea?" He picks the call up: "Dane, check the systems for any criminal who knows about the Ferris, or anyone who has even seen them once. Someone's made a deal to reveal sh*t about them," I order, and his keyboard can be heard.

"Fuck, we've got a new and bigger enemy," Diana groans, sitting down on the black chair.

"Nothing comes up except a guy name Phillips, which is weird because that's an undercover name; they won't let me find out exactly who that person is," Dane says. Elle steps forward and looks at Diana.

"Hey, friend of Clarke, is the handler, by any chance, Robert Hinged?" Elle asks Dane, and I hear Dane stop typing.

"Yes, but I've got a real name." Elle looks at Diana again; this time Diana is grabbing Elle's hand.

"Angel Martinez!" She spits, the words coming out venomously.

"The cop, as in your ex-fiancé?" I ask, looking back at Alec and Anastasia.

"I knew we should have killed him right there and then," Elle spits, looking back at Diana.

"Thanks, Dane, keep searching for more about Angel," I tell him, hanging up, I look at Elle.

The son of a bitch is trying to take them down all because he got caught cheating on her.

- DIANA'S POV-

"Not only does this asshole have the balls to expose us and try and take us down, but he's trying to reveal more about our family?" Elle asks, pacing back and forth, she's going to kill him.

"Ana, I'm going to kill him." Elle says, "We are, but not just yet; we'll destroy his career first." Mom says, "I've got some friends in the FBI; we're mostly safe; that is, if Angel's story makes it to the CIA, we're good for right now." Mom says, looking over at dad.

"What are you thinking?" Zade asks, with John looking at him with question. "I have some photos of him entering the underground club and also talking to a few of our allies; as long as we show them those pictures, they'll doubt his involvement." Mom pauses. "They also don't know that Elle is my sister and that he was engaged to her." Mom smirks, looking at me.

"Clarke, we could use your special connection with him." I glance at Clarke and nod my head. "We're going to need you to go pay him a visit, slide the pictures onto his desk, and then, on that of Anthony Bishop's desk, they'll check the picture out and the note I'll write them and immediately doubt Angel, leading to dismissing him as a valuable asset," my mom says, stepping closer.

"Yes, they might want to use him for more information, but once word gets out that Angel Martinez was involved in mafia-related crimes, he'll be useless to them," my dad says, glancing at Elle.

"Don't worry, princess, we'll destroy him," he tells Elle.

Mom nods at Elle.

"I'll call Jennifer," she smirked, walking away.

Once you turn your back toward the Ferraris, you have already marked your death bed.

You are as good as dead as soon as you mention our name.