CHAPTER 3

— DIANA'S POV—

I stare out towards the water.

On the other side of this lake stands the old rustic cabin. I need to get people to fix it up.

Our old rustic cabin

It's funny; our kids were made there.

I shake my head while sitting down on the grass. The tree behind me serves as my head and backrest.

Looking to my right, I see Clarke walking up towards me.

He wears a black t-shirt with blue jeans.

He always looked good in casual clothing.

Flashback to 2 years ago:

"You know, I find you rather eye-catching in normal clothing," I tell Clarke as his arm snakes around my waist.

We're both walking along the pier.

He looks down at me and smiles.

"I thought I looked eye-catching without my clothes on," he said, rolling my eyes I shake my head.

"Yes, of course you do, but nothing tops the way that shirt clings to your body." I smirk, turning him around so he leans against the pillar of the bridge.

"Baby, you want to go home now?" He asks, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.

I shake my head.

"Wanna take a risk?" I ask, my smile growing a tad bit wider.

He leans his head back laughing—that throaty laugh that makes my heart beat faster.

"Well, I know just the place, Angel." He intertwined our hands together and led me farther.

Flashback over:

Bastard.

He was always an amazing, passionate liar.

"Mind if I sit?" He asks, pointing to the space beside me.

"Go ahead," I say, moving myself a bit to the right to give him space.

"How are you?" I ask, looking out towards the water. The lake is big, and I love the way the moon's light shines brightly against the water, creating an amazing reflection.

"You don't really care," he replies, and I hold in my laugh.

He's right I don't.

FLASHBACK 2 YEARS AGO:

I walked straight towards Clark and glared at him.

"Hey, angel," Clarke says, lifting my hand up I slap him hard.

My heart beats faster, but relief overwhelms me.

Pulling him towards me, I wrapped my arms around his shoulder. "I missed you; please don't ever try and get yourself killed." I wet his shirt, loving the way he chuckles.

His arms wrap around me.

"I'm never leaving this earth, baby; if you die, I die; and if I die, let me die and you live free." I groan.

"Shut up"

FLASHBACK OVER:

"Was it after I—" I cut him off. "You left? Tried to kill me?" I ask, "yes," I reply.

"I'm sorry," I hear him say, his voice low and, for the first time in a long time, soothing.

"You should have told me; I should have been there to rub your feet and hold your hair while you puked—" I zone out.