CHAPTER 15

- DIANA'S POV -

It's dark; the only light coming into the room is that of the moon.

I stare at it; I obviously can't see it clearly, but you can see half of it.

It's got half of its form, yet it can still shine brightly.

I sigh, turning around to face the door.

I wish Clarke were here; don't ask me why, I just do.

FLASHBACK 3 YEARS AGO:

I walk through the city, light illuminates the path and the moon giving the water a beautiful shine.

I love the dark.

I love to know that I'm not truly alone; you know, the dark only becomes scary when you're little.

You don't know the monster.

But once trauma sets in, the monster comes out.

You realize there's not much difference between you and him.

You slowly make friends with it.

"Beautiful night isn't." A deep, husky voice comes from behind me. Turning around, I see a handsome, tall, tattooed man.

He steps closer.

Clutching my gun from inside my purse.

"Yes," I respond, watching him as he stands beside me.

There's something mysterious about him.

"I'm not going to hurt you, angel," he says, turning his head toward me.

His smile is beautiful, with a single dimple appearing on his cheek.

"You can let go of your gun," he says. I'm a bit taken back by his words.

"You can never be too careful," I say, turning away from him.

"True to that angel," he says. I look at him once more.

There's something different about him.

"Have a good night, angel," he says, walking away.

Just like that.

I didn't catch his name...

FLASHBACK OVER:

- CLARKE'S POV -

I sit on the couch, the babies beside me, watching Netflix.

They crunch on their Cheerios as I sip on my coffee.

I send Zade a text and wait for his response.

"Dada!" I look over at Elio, and my heart immediately stops.

Did he just call me dada?

I smile at him. "Yes, kiddo," I ask, and he flips his little bowl over, pointing at it.

He finished his Cheerios.

I hold back my laugh and grab his empty bowl. "A little more, ok?" I tell him, getting up. "Papa!" I stop; Bella looks at me smiling, handing me her bowl.

These are going to be the end of me.

I give them a few more cheerios and hand their bowls to them.

My phone rings as I sit down.

I grab it and answer it. "Yes?" I wait, "Hello Clarke," my heart jumps a beat at her voice.

"Diana, is everything okay?" I ask, standing up, I sit on the stool, putting my coffee on the kitchen island.

I can see the heads of the babies, which are barely visible.

"Yes, I'm just missing you guys," she sighs.

I smile. "You'll be back in no time, angel," I say. I miss her too.

Yes, most of the time she scolds me or ignores me, but I miss her regardless.

"Yeah," she says, "I'm guessing you can't sleep," I ask her, "Yea, I miss scolding you, Clarke," she says, her chuckle following behind.

I chuckle, "Of course you do; I miss you scolding me as well." I admit, the babies turn around to glance at me.

"Well, look at us, we've agreed on something new," she says. "How strange," I joke, "what else do you miss about me, Clarke?" She asks, slightly taken back by her question.

I miss everything.

"Your smile," I say, "and why is that?" She asks, "It suits you; it's like seeing the old you." I say, I hope that doesn't hit a nerve.

She's silent for a few seconds.

"Yeah, I kinda miss it," she responds, "not the part where-" I cut her off. "I betrayed you and left you," I finish off.

There are so many mistakes I wish I could take back but can't.

I loved her when my mission was to kill her.

I couldn't go through with it, not when her eyes stared right at me when I was going to shoot her.

I hated myself for months on end.

I hated the fact that I let Xavier order me around.

"Yea, but I miss our good moments, at least while they lasted," she says. "I was always skeptical of you, that night we first met," she says, and I shake my head.

She met me that night.

I had already met her a week prior; she was dancing at a club in Paris, so carefree.

She didn't like other men touching her; she just cared about sharing time with her friends and dancing.

She was fucking mesmerizing.

"Thought I was a weirdo, huh, even holding your gun through your purse," I hold in my laugh.

She made it obvious, but it was adorable.

"Yeah, I was obvious", she says. "Diana, I can't wait until your back." I sigh, sitting back on the chair.

"Me too," she whispers, "how are the kids?" She changed the subject.

"They are doing fine; I can switch the call to video," I tell her, FaceTiming her.

She answers a few seconds later.

I stand and point the camera at the kids.

"Oh, my god!" Diana gasps, and the kids look up at her. "Mama" Bella smiles, reaching for the phone.

I hand it over to her, and Elio puts his head against Bella's as they both stare down at Diana through the phone.

"How are you, my babies?" She asks, and the kids smile, staring at her.

They blabbed some unknown words.

I sit beside Bella and watch them.

I wish we had a normal life and a normal family.

Diana sure would make a hot wife; she's already a hot momma.

They suddenly turn the phone to me, and I smile at Diana as she looks at me.

It's dark; only a dim light reflects her beautiful face.

Grabbing the phone, I wink at the kids.

"Well, you sure look beautiful," I say, and she shakes her head. "How come you only tell me that when I'm away?" She asks, amused.

"Because you either scold at me or tell me to fuck off and go tell that to my wife," I say, and she chuckles. "Well, I won't scold at you anymore, Clarke," she says, a hint of a lie in her eyes.

"I know that's a lie, but I'll simply say, Ok." I say, "God, it was good to hear your voices." She says, "I think I'm going to sleep; I'll call you before you go to bed." I smile at her; she stares at me for a moment.

Those eyes make me weak.

"Goodnight," I say as she hangs up the phone.

She was just what I needed today.