CHAPTER 6

- DIANA'S POV -

It's been two weeks since Clarke found out about the babies.

He's been pretty good. The babies have slowly warmed up to Clarke.

He picked them up just a couple of hours ago, and if I should be honest, having to share my babies with their father hurts.

I have doubts about whether Ignacia treats them rightly or not.

I lean back against my chair. I've decided to spend the rest of the day finishing up work in the office.

I won't have too much time with the whole taking over the mafia thing.

A knock interrupts my thoughts. "Come in!" I yell, sitting up straighter.

My lips pull up into a smirk as the handsome Spanish man who has captivated all my attention walks inside, a nice big red bouquet of roses in his hand.

I peek to the side, already wanting to get a look at his amazingly sculpted face.

"I find it quite odd why such a beautiful woman would stay in her office all night instead of going out and exploring the world." His deep voice immediately gives me tingles.

God, I haven't felt this way since...

I Immediately push off any Clark-related subjects and focus my attention on Rico.

He's wearing a nicely fitted 3-piece tan suit.

"Well, I guess tonight is an exception," I say, standing up to walk towards him.

"For you." His smile is perfect; he's tall, so I have to crank my neck up to see him properly.

"You didn't have to, thank you," I say, grabbing the bouquet and setting it down on my desk. I love the fresh smell of the roses.

"Well, take it as a thank you for accepting my offer," he says, stepping closer.

I haven't really made any advances towards him; I've been quiet and careful. I just met the man a week ago.

"I've gotta say Rico, your business pitch is amazing; it convinced me right on the spot." I admit, not only is he good-looking, but he's got one hell of a brain.

He's very detailed. Very good at explaining his intentions and plans for his future developments.

"So, Rico, what is the reason for this quiet, surprising visit?" I ask, leaning against the front of my desk. I have this awfully familiar feeling.

Lust.

It's quite surprising how fast a woman can get wet with just a few words a single man says. Not any man, but that one man who seems to intrude on your thoughts. Surprise you the more you meet with them.

He's completely the opposite of what I'd go for-the complete opposite of Clarke.

And I like that.

"I just wanted to stop by and thank you." He pauses, almost debating with himself if he should continue.

Pulling his hands into his pockets, he smirks, his eyes turning a bit darker. "And ask the beautiful Diana Ferrari on a date." His words amuse me.

I knew he'd want to ask me out; I just had no idea when he would finally man up and do it.

The determination in his eyes is somewhat familiar.

Standing up straight, I smirk. "What do you have in mind, Mr. Hernandez?" I ask with curiosity.

"I was thinking a spontaneous randevuz," he says, staring at me as if I were indeed the most beautiful thing he's seen.

"Oh, sounds very..." I pause, looking intensely up at him. "Tempting," I finish, a smirk still on my lips.

"When?" I ask, feeling excited.

The truth is, I need to have some fun, and if he's offering, why the hell not?

"Are you available right now?" He asks, and a smile now replaces my smirk. "Of course," I winked, walking towards the door and grabbing my jacket and purse.

He's staring at me with amusement, right where I left him.

"Prepare yourself, Diana Ferrari; we are going to have a memorable night." Walking beside me, he extends his arm for me to take.

I loop my hand around his arm.

I have to admit, I miss being this reckless.

- RICO'S POV -

I can't help but stare at her.

Her skin, smile, eyes, and hair

She's breathtaking. I'll be damned if I let her go now.

A deal wouldn't hurt the devil right?

"So, you take me on a plane, not yet telling me where we're going.." She pauses, looking over at me, "Should I be worried I'm being kidnapped?" She asks, faking terror in her eyes.

I chuckle, turning to her.

"Would it be much of a surprise if I told you?" I ask, and she leans back and nods her head.

"It surely must be something good," she says, looking back out of her window.

- CLARKE'S POV -

I sit in the rocking chair, and the babies are sleeping peacefully in their new cribs.

This new sense of protection I've developed for these two is almost overwhelming.

They are in far more danger than Kirill. Their mother is about to become the donna of the most well-known and feared mafia in the country.

"My little angels," I whisper, they are the best part of Diana, just like she was; they have now become my light.

Making sure their baby monitors and cameras are functioning correctly, I stand up and walk out, leaving their small little night lights on.

Just as I reach my office, a sudden call interrupts the silence.

"She has left the city," Dane says. I freeze, hoping it's not exactly something bad. "With who?" I ask as I sit down on my chair, looking out of the large windows.

"Your going to find it quiet humoring, your childhood best friend Ricardo has swept your precious Diana into his arms." I can't help but feel anger and some unfamiliar feelings.

Son of a fucking bitch!

"Keep an eye on them; just make sure she gets home safe." Hanging up the phone, I bite my bottom lip.

I chuckle darkly. She's just gotten herself into some deep shit, and she doesn't even know it yet.

If she thinks Im bad, wait until he reveals himself to her.