CHAPTER 9

-THIRD POV -

"It has been revealed to the public that policeman Angel Martinez has been involved in serious mafia-related crimes," reporter Jennifer Watts says, standing before the 21st district police station.

"As more is being revealed, should our trust be put in our policemen? Should we trust them with our lives, as more is being revealed about their true intentions?" she asks, adding more oil to the flames.

Anastasia stands behind the camera with a smirk on her face.

"This is 24 BC News with Jennifer Watts, giving you the latest of our dangerous surroundings." She smiles, waiting for the cutout of the camera.

"And we're done." The cameraman pulls his camera down, glancing at Anastasia with excitement.

"This sure is going to make headlines!" He gushed, and Jennifer walked in closer.

"I hope you bring more for some fun," Jennifer says, looping her arm with Anastasia. "Oh, I will, just wait until I collect more information about the main subject of this matter," Anastasia says, and Jennifer squeals with excitement as they make their way to their car.

"The money will be transferred into your account in five, so be ready for more," Anastasia tells Jennifer as she nods her head.

This game has just begun.

- CLARKE'S POV -

I feel all eyes on me as I walk into the station.

I'm a criminal simply walking free, looking for the well-known FBI agent who's plotting to end the mother of my kids.

"Wow, so it's true, Ricardo Villamontes is well and standing," I smirk; he looks up in surprise.

"Clarke," he stands up immediately, pulling me in for a hug. I take this opportunity and slide the envelope under his pile of papers.

"Man, you don't change," he says, examining me from head to toe.

It seems like yesterday we were just climbing up trees and throwing gum on people's faces.

Memorable moments, I'd say.

I hate this fucking jackass now for growing to be the biggest pain in the ass.

He won't ever touch Diana. Never.

"I see you've finally made it big, huh?" I ask as he sits back down. "Well, what can I say? Blood and tears were drawn, but I made it my guy." I sit down.

I want to strangle the living daylights out of him.

"Sacrifice is key, Rico," I say, already hating his face.

"Well, tell me what you've been up to." He asks, and I lean back and smile.

I'm not going to tell him about my kids; I'll let him figure it out himself.

"Oh well, I'm married now, with one little boy. I've also now recently gotten up on the "architecture scale," I reveal, and it's funny how I have a real perfect life and a real dangerous dark life at the same time.

keeps things amusing, I guess.

"Wow, congrats, man. I never thought you'd get over that special girl." He says he knows about Diana; he just doesn't know how she looks.

I'm not that stupid to share private information just like that, not when I knew he wanted to become a cop.

"Oh, I'm for sure over her; I don't want to keep up old habits, you know," I say, I'm lying we both know that.

I'm letting him see what I want him to see.

"Well, why don't we catch up some more tomorrow over brunch?" He asks while sitting up straight.

Fucking brunch, ghetto ass motherfucker.

God, I hate this dude.

"Sure, how about the diner up the street?" I ask, and he nods his head and stands up.

"Good, then I'll see you tomorrow," he says.

We say our goodbyes and leave.

I enter the captain's office and quickly put the envelope on his desk. The cameras are being wiped right about now.

No one will know I was even here.