Chapter 5

Elio was sent to Killian's room where he found him staring out of the window. Elio was confused as to why he was sent over here. He thought that he was getting his own room but here he was. 

"Is this your room?" Elio asked.

"Yeah, and before you ask yes, you'll be staying here with me," Killian said, still staring out of the window.

"I'm not sleeping in the same bed as the person who killed my husband. I want a different room," Elio demanded.

"You can have your own room but trust me when I say that people with take that opportunity and kill you in your sleep," Killian replied.

"Good. I'd rather be dead anyway," Elio spat.

Killian sighed and walked over to him. He observed Elio's face and a smirk formed on his lips. Elio feared death more than anything and no matter how confident he might sound, Killian could see the fear deep inside him. 

"You don't want that, Elio," Killian stated. "You're my trophy remember. Just stay by my side, please? I'll sleep on the couch, you can take the bed.

"No, I'll take the couch. It's fine."

"I don't want to hear you complaining about it in the morning."

Elio sighed in defeat. "Fine but  I don't want to hear complaints from you either," he said with a faint smile.

"Can I ask for a favor?" Elio asked. "I want to give my husband a proper funeral. He's buried in our backyard right now and I don't want a bunch of critters getting to him."

"We'll get to it tomorrow morning," he replied. "There are clothes for you in the closet and you can shower if you want. I'll call you when it's dinner time."

Elio just nodded and went inside the closet to gather some clothes. He was surprised to see a good number of suits in a hundred shades of black. He looked over to the right and saw more colorful clothes or just clothes with color. They seemed to be his size so he grabbed a pair of black sweatpants and a light blue shirt along with a pair of underwear. 

Killian was no longer in the room when he emerged from the closet so he went straight to the bathroom. He showered for much longer than intended. The warm water felt relaxing and the sounds of the water rushing silenced his thoughts but his fingers were getting wrinkly and his skin was turning red. 

With a disappointed sigh, Elio turned off the shower and got dressed. A blush crept up his skin when he realized he smelt like Killian. For some reason, he was still using the same hygiene products when they were in high school and the smell is sending him a rush of memories. 

"Fucking finally," Killian groaned as soon as Elio stepped out of the shower. "Were you masturbating? What took you so long?" 

"I wasn't!" Elio quickly defended himself. "The shower was just nice."

"Okay, whatever you say," Killian said before walking past Elio and into the bathroom. 

Elio sat down on the bed as he waited for Killian. He had no choice since he doesn't know where everything is and it was too risky to go out on his own. ELio knew he had to gain Killian's trust first before he could attempt to escape. He twirled the rings in his hand, remembering Lorenzo. The man didn't even wake him up before leaving. Elio would do anything if it meant turning back time and stopping Lorenzo from getting killed. 

The bathroom door opened and Elio almost choked on his spit when he saw Killian half naked and with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He had to look away as the blush crept up his face. It felt treacherous to have such an intense reaction to a half-naked man when your husband died no longer than twenty-four hours ago. 

"You can look, no one's stopping you," Killian whispered in his ear.

Goosebumps appeared on Elio's skin as his breath grazed the back of his neck. 

You shouldn't be feeling like this. Elio reprimanded himself. 

Killian hummed in satisfaction before finally leaving Elio alone to get dressed. Elio let out a sigh of relief once Killian was no longer breathing down his neck. He hates that he feels no guilt in feeling this way toward Killian. Killian came back a few minutes later fully dressed and Elio let out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding.

"Dinner's ready, let's go."

Elio stood up from the bed and follow Killian to the dining room. Just like earlier, he scouted the area for places where he could make an escape. Elio sighed in defeat once they got to the dining area. It was near impossible due to the sheer size of the mansion. Killian sat at the head of the table as people started to come into the room.

He motioned for Elio to sit on his right and with a bit of hesitance, Elio did. The room suddenly became quiet once he sat. Elio started to feel uncomfortable and kept his head down, avoiding the people's curious gaze. 

"Hey," Marcus greeted as he sat next to Elio.

"Hi," Elio smiled seeing a familiar face.

The food started to come in and the chatter slowly started again. Elio was thankful that the attention is no longer focused on him. As Elio was about to cut the steak on his plate, Killian gently grabbed the fork and knife from him and cut the steak for him. It earned him a few more stares from the other people sitting at the table but he ignored them. He could also feel Marcus' stare but he doesn't feel like explaining anything to him right now.

Elio muttered a thank to Killian and proceeded to eat dinner. The rest of the night was uneventful when everyone ate their food and kept their noses out of their boss' business. Once they were done, Killian pulled him out of his chair and led him to the garden. Elio has no idea why Killian brought him there. Marcus wanted to follow them but he was immediately escorted back to his room. 

Killian suddenly engulfed him in a hug, burying his face in the crook of Elio's neck. Elio tried his best not to react but his heart was betraying him. 

"You don't know how much I missed you," Killian muttered against his skin.

"You left me," Elio stated.

"I had to. I thought I was keeping you safe," Killain said and Elio could hear the pain and regret in his voice. 

"Why did you leave me?" Elio asked.

"If I didn't they would use you against me. I thought I was doing the right thing to protect you but I still failed."

Killian pulled away slightly and held Elio's face. He slowly leaned in but Elio quickly pulled away.

"I want to rest. It's getting pretty late," Elio quickly said.

Killian had to push down the disappointment that he felt and led Elio back to his room. He had to remind himself that he killed Elio's husband and he can't just swoop him up on his feet but Killian was an impatient man. He saw how Elio reacted to him earlier and he knew it wouldn't take long before Elio would be his again. He just had to be patient. 

Elio quickly laid down on the couch despite Killian's insistence for him to take the bed. Elio just muttered a good night and pulled the blanket over his head, with his back facing the room. Killian sighed and left Elio alone. All he can do is distract himself with work despite his body's craving for Elio.